Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Branded Garments, sz38, $99 eBay.com

s-l1600.jpg

Bluechel

Practically Family
This one is beautiful but the zipper issue is a huge pain and the buckle takes a few minutes too, but AGRAA, these are wonderful jackets! There are still, to be clear, at least three different types/levels/variations of these and not all are the same quality by a big spread.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
This one is beautiful but the zipper issue is a huge pain and the buckle takes a few minutes too, but AGRAA, these are wonderful jackets! There are still, to be clear, at least three different types/levels/variations of these and not all are the same quality by a big spread.
When you have the time and the inspiration, please post some info on the differences between the various Branded jackets. This would be interesting and helpful to let WE THE LOUNGE scrounge up all the higher quality ones and leave the lessers to the LAY PEOPLE of the world who do not posses our high intelligence and good looks!!!!!!!!

dmoser1978

One of the Regulars

Attachments

• s-l1600 (7).jpg
    s-l1600 (7).jpg
    668.5 KB · Views: 55
  • s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    736.8 KB · Views: 48
  • s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    1,009.5 KB · Views: 47
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    997.5 KB · Views: 42

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Well, got a couple of more pictures. I wonder how this compares to the Cockpit M51 reproduction, which is new and for about the same price?

https://cockpitusa.com/products/m-51-field-jacket?variant=28424872001629

Nice jacket! That is a pristine Vintage nickel plated (slider, box and puller) Prentice Zipper on that M-1951 M51 FIELD JACKET 1959. However, if you want to find out approximate production date, look into the snaps. They could be Scovill,DOT, or Rau. Hope this helps!

I remember in the late70s those can easily purchase for $ 4.79 at my local surplus store.

Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
That is a lady's jacket. Called the cycle queen. Nice jacket for petite ladies. Very short. No taller than 5'6. The cut for the ladies is usually "adjusted" at the top of the jacket all the way to mid upper part. Brooks and others clearly make these "adjustments".

Here's another Cycle Queen...................... I don't understand why these pop in in MENS JACKETS...........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3851304789...=|tkp:Bk9SR4L4jPXsYA&LH_ItemCondition=3000|10

1663885961172.png

That is a lady's jacket. Called the cycle queen. Nice jacket for petite ladies. Very short. No taller than 5'6. The cut for the ladies is usually "adjusted" at the top of the jacket all the way to mid upper part. Brooks and others clearly make these "adjustments".
Shoulder darts are s dead giveaway. I see a ton of cycle queens offered as kings. on ebay too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ