Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Wildhorses

Practically Family
wht do you mean, 10“ ease of movement is totally normal for a tent.
Absolutely true !
1668368596946.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
21 P-P for a size 34? I've had bad luck with sizing on Schott jackets, so I think I'll pass. They always seem to run really large.

They don’t, but even leaving that aside it’s not an unreasonable size at all.

21 PTP on the outside for a 34 would seem to be 8 inches of chest space, which isn’t unheard of, except it’s not that either because there’s a thick zip-in liner, which would bring the PTP down to effectively 19, so 38” of chest space for a 34” chest. Considering this looks to be an outdoor jacket, it would be pretty odd if it were any smaller.

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
They don’t, but even leaving that aside it’s not an unreasonable size at all.

21 PTP on the outside for a 34 would seem to be 8 inches of chest space, which isn’t unheard of, except it’s not that either because there’s a thick zip-in liner, which would bring the PTP down to effectively 19, so 38” of chest space for a 34” chest. Considering this looks to be an outdoor jacket, it would be pretty odd if it were any smaller.
I think you're right that this is meant to be more a car-coat, but 21 inches is still huge for a size 34, lol. I don't really see how that thin looking liner is going to take up a full two inches. If I allow full inch for the liner, its still big jacket that would have plenty of room for extra layering.

Observe

Practically Family

Observe

Practically Family
Jacket is gone now, figured it wouldn't last long. Did anyone here get it? Post pics when you get it if so.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think you're right that this is meant to be more a car-coat, but 21 inches is still huge for a size 34, lol. I don't really see how that thin looking liner is going to take up a full two inches. If I allow full inch for the liner, its still big jacket that would have plenty of room for extra layering.

A few points. The first and most important one is that numbers can be misleading when it comes to jacket fit. There’s more to pattern than numbers and people who are overly reliant on them can often go wrong (as this forum provides many examples of).

Even if it were unlined, that would be 8 inches of chest space–which is not unheard of for a jacket (see any number of leather jackets) and doesn’t even inherently mean an oversized garment. I have a lovely gabardine L-2A jacket that wears very trim and neat–but it’s technically cut with 8-10” of chest space. And it has no insulating lining, just suit lining!

Schott is good at making their liners quite compact (their quilted liners are tucked in such that they’re barely thicker than most cotton drill linings, in wear) but the pile liner in particular is quite thick.

With all due respect guys this is the....

"Finds and Deals - "Leather Jacket Edition" Forum​

The wool coats posted are nice finds, However they belong in another forum1
Another entire thread for just wool jackets? Seems unecessary. I mean how much more spoon fed does one need to be? I will post any jacket, regardless of the material, if it's cool and available in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ