Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

That's it lads, pack it up. 862 pages, had a good run but it's been sullied with your non-leather derailment.
Well I was going to link to this , but with all this ill will I think I'll just keep it to myself:
1668528415956.png

My Scooter

One of the Regulars
Another entire thread for just wool jackets? Seems unecessary. I mean how much more spoon fed does one need to be? I will post any jacket, regardless of the material, if it's cool and available in this thread.
That's it lads, pack it up. 862 pages, had a good run but it's been sullied with your non-leather derailment.
Again with all due respect... Is wool leather? NO! Wool coats like trench coats, rain coats, Goose down, snow pants, ski coats etc... belong in the "Outerwear" Forum. No need being a controlling. We all share this site together lets be civil. No one person should be above the forum rules. That is unnecessary!

Observe

One Too Many
Again with all due respect... Is wool leather? NO! Wool coats like trench coats, rain coats, Goose down, snow pants, ski coats etc... belong in the "Outerwear" Forum. No need being a controlling. We all share this site together lets be civil. No one person should be above the forum rules. That is unnecessary!
This is the Outerwear forum, and one could argue that the title of the thread and the function of the thread have diverged in a natural way in order to avoid having multiple threads of a similar topic spamming the board. It may not have been the originally intended purpose, and I'm just a Johnny come lately around here, but that is the sense I'm getting.

stook1

New in Town
Another entire thread for just wool jackets? Seems unecessary. I mean how much more spoon fed does one need to be? I will post any jacket, regardless of the material, if it's cool and available in this thread.

This please :)

Speaking as the buyer of one of the wools last night --- guarantee that I would not have seen or bought that jacket if not for the generous contributors to this thread.

This thread is about outerwear that the contributors have found to be of interest and value. If you don't want to see what is being offered here, create your own saved searches on your own platforms and use that exclusively so that your time is not "wasted".
And to be clear....there is no "forum rule" about what gets posted here in terms of material. Plenty of leather, wool, denim jackets have been shared and appreciated and many more purchased. So what are you bothered by? Makes no sense to me.

Damon141

Practically Family
I must be the only one that likes this style of CR as this Beck 666 has been re listed many times. People must not like the shape compared to the more simplistic designs like J100. I’m stating to think I have bad taste
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3047037726...RnqoPKUcgFhKgB29TZyO+lqQ==|tkp:Bk9SR5zf49CPYQ
FAEB3487-2000-44FC-8CDC-B13C3D41A790.png

I know there are more CR designs than can be counted but some of the main ones seem to be the Buco J100 (and derivatives) Bates Split back, and this Beck 666

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I like the larger than normal shoulder gussets. I think this Beck 666 has lived on as the Schott 641XXH which now has slanted pockets instead of straight ones. Still very much in demand in the world. 5 out of 10 jackets I lost bids on this past month were Schott jackets.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Well I was going to link to this , but with all this ill will I think I'll just keep it to myself:
View attachment 465107
Hey @ton312, if this one doesn't work out for you bro, you know who to call!!! I already have the matching pants and thus this jacket has become a true Grail Piece for me. BTW---they also make this jacket in TEAL but I can never find one in my size.......

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I must be the only one that likes this style of CR as this Beck 666 has been re listed many times. People must not like the shape compared to the more simplistic designs like J100. I’m stating to think I have bad taste
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304703772614?hash=item46f1c297c6:g:vMMAAOSwOhdjAV2L&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAkBZPfbKCRS5rCALGbHwztkZYKxK4pWDbL/6OE+dt+sAgSI25KIBQJhloOL10HX3f1ahKxtAcYAIkoA2QP6tkchj5dn8CHie3JUwwxlMvrWTZ8nH4u/OV9bX2ug638XKQs0s1vsmuVT52Aj1rvEtXxBf+A24F+X5TC+xQ80N15/RnqoPKUcgFhKgB29TZyO+lqQ==|tkp:Bk9SR5zf49CPYQ
View attachment 465140
I know there are more CR designs than can be counted but some of the main ones seem to be the Buco J100 (and derivatives) Bates Split back, and this Beck 666

There is nothing wrong with your style views. Sometimes, jackets do not sell for weird reason. Personally, I love this design as well. Clean and simple. The "cat eye version is on my list also. I did not pull the trigger in this particular jacket because I am a 44 in that label.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Taylor Stitch is having a pretty good sale on some last call items. Lots of jackets. I find the general quality to be somewhere above Banana Republic and Buck Mason. One of those brands that's probably not worth it at full price, but once you start getting around the 40% off point, there's some good deals. On this particular sale, some stuff is nearing 60-70% off. I haven't handled any of the jackets. I've got a couple of their flannels that again, I put a step above Banana Republic, LL Bean, etc. but no way near an Iron Heart for instance. But then you're talking $75-100 vs $325.

I couldn't resist picking up that espresso suede shirt.

https://www.taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-last-call

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304703772614?hash=item46f1c297c6:g:vMMAAOSwOhdjAV2L&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAkBZPfbKCRS5rCALGbHwztkZYKxK4pWDbL/6OE+dt+sAgSI25KIBQJhloOL10HX3f1ahKxtAcYAIkoA2QP6tkchj5dn8CHie3JUwwxlMvrWTZ8nH4u/OV9bX2ug638XKQs0s1vsmuVT52Aj1rvEtXxBf+A24F+X5TC+xQ80N15/RnqoPKUcgFhKgB29TZyO+lqQ==|tkp:Bk9SR5zf49CPYQ
View attachment 465140
I had the Schott version of this which is pretty much a direct copy. You're right, this is a pretty good price for this jacket, especially since it has its tags, original zipper, etc. The leather quality seems to vary a lot. The brown version I had was nowhere near as grainy as some of the black one other members posted. And some noted a pretty thick, supple leather as well.

Damon141

Practically Family
There is nothing wrong with your style views. Sometimes, jackets do not sell for weird reason. Personally, I love this design as well. Clean and simple. The "cat eye version is on my list also. I did not pull the trigger in this particular jacket because I am a 44 in that label.
If I’m thinking of the same jacket it seems rare, I’ve only seen it on one Japanese YouTube video with stacks of vintage leather jackets
Then there have been some vinyl ones on eBay lately
I had the Schott version of this which is pretty much a direct copy. You're right, this is a pretty good price for this jacket, especially since it has its tags, original zipper, etc. The leather quality seems to vary a lot. The brown version I had was nowhere near as grainy as some of the black one other members posted. And some noted a pretty thick, supple leather as well.
Yes you said it, sometimes the leather the Becks used had a cheap looking coating, almost look like peeling plastic as they age and crack. Definitely no graceful patina. I read from one of you guys mentioned that they changed to a lower quality for mass production at one point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk