Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

really cool, but $5K ??!!??
Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 12.13.41 PM.png
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115098318922

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
[/URL]

Original listing in Japan for approx. $320, almost half the price than from the eBay reseller.

I don't ship anything internationally that I sell on eBay, but I'm strongly considering double-listing my items, and making a listing for domestic customers at my normal price, and then making a listing that ships to Japan only, for 2-3x my normal price. For Langlitz this would definitely make sense, as Japanese Langlitz prices are incredibly high.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
This jacket is a funny example of something sold to Japan from the US for what I assume is a considerable mark up, and now the other way around, selling in Japan and a reseller has jacked the product page to sell it back to the US at a considerable markup again: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k1032638258

Going back and forth with a bump of value between each step.

Listed at ~$1770 on Yahoo, and the eBay listing doesn't even include customs fees and omits the entire description including measurements lol

jadub

A-List Customer
It’s on Grailed where they have a lot of crazy fashion stuff. In some ways it fits in that way. Maybe in the day it was so the owner could be respectable about town. Then sneak off, zip off the collar and hop on the bike. Collar safely stowed in the pocket he doesn’t have to get beaten in the face by it. Sort of like a mullet. Respectable and party animal.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The first and only brown Taubers steerhide shirt I have seen. Just sold an excellent horsehide shirt. Very cool, but not very popular
Curious if anyone posted this. Probably around the last of this style to be produced. Made by Appalachian. One of my favorites. I have the very first of this style made in the late 40s horsehide.

1677257374190.jpeg

Beautiful plaid Hercules, for a great price. Listing says 60s 70s, but to me looks a lot earlier due to the tag and the Crown zip.

[/URL][/URL]

View attachment 491539 View attachment 491540
That is indeed a late 40s label.

The first and only brown Taubers steerhide shirt I have seen. Just sold an excellent horsehide shirt. Very cool, but not very popular

Curious if anyone posted this. Probably around the last of this style to be produced. Made by Appalachian. One of my favorites. I have the very first of this style made in the late 40s horsehide.

View attachment 492329

That is indeed a late 40s label.

That’s a beauty. Tastefully done studwork always takes jackets to the next level for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk