Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Too late on this one, too small for me. I missed an offer from the seller and I'm glad I did, it would have been tempting even without a fit.

So cool and so hard to find. I see maybe a couple a year.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3745234977...uid=qwq2X50PT7y&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1677369030732.png
1677369101066.png
1677369144965.png

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I’d do it, but it’s too close to the Walter Dyer…
That excuse is WEAK SAUCE brother!!!!! Go get that Campus!! Pretty unique front pockets should set it apart enough to give you another wrinkle in your fashion portfolia!!! I say at least throw em an offer and see which jacket wins your heart---the WD or the Campus........ Who knows who will win.......

NOTE: You really shouldn't take advice from addicts but I thought I'd throw some your way anyway man. ; )

Sincerely,
The Devil on your Shoulder

tek8080

Familiar Face
Too late on this one, too small for me. I missed an offer from the seller and I'm glad I did, it would have been tempting even without a fit.

So cool and so hard to find. I see maybe a couple a year.

That color combination is awesome. I wonder why I don't see that more frequently. Maybe I'm just not looking frequently enough? The Sportclad (white/black/navy) is better, but Filson had a similar color plaid pattern (charcoal/black/navy) on their double mackinaw a few years back.

MzQ3LTY2MTc4NjQ1MzYyNTA6NDE2OTg5NzE2.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
That color combination is awesome. I wonder why I don't see that more frequently. Maybe I'm just not looking frequently enough? The Sportclad (white/black/navy) is better, but Filson had a similar color plaid pattern (charcoal/black/navy) on their double mackinaw a few years back.

View attachment 492795
it is a striking combination. I don't see this combo on wool and I look at a lot of wool jackets. The only drawback to the Sportclad was the absence of the side adjustments, at least to me.

ojaw

A-List Customer
The only drawback to the Sportclad was the absence of the side adjustments, at least to me.
That is the thing that draws me, I can’t seem to get along with side adjusters, damn things always snagging on everything. Regardless, I don’t have a v-shaped torso so their utility would be lost on me.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Hey, guys. Has anyone here ever bought a pre owned directly from aero? Are they willing to adjust any measurement (more specifically sleeve length)? Do they negotiate the price? How's the procedure? Much appreciate any reply!

Davisleathernyc

Familiar Face
I recently purchased this jacket via ebay, I thought it was a cal, but the more I look at it the more it resembles something else. Can anyone identify this jacket? Thanks!

(PS sorry if this is the wrong place to post
s-l1600.jpeg
s-l16002.jpeg
)

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I recently purchased this jacket via ebay, I thought it was a cal, but the more I look at it the more it resembles something else. Can anyone identify this jacket? Thanks!

(PS sorry if this is the wrong place to post View attachment 493099 View attachment 493100 )
Looks CALish......... from those horizontal upper stitch lines of the handwarmer pockets but I am not the expert here. Oh @JMax !!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS--YEAH----perhaps this should be posted in its OWN thread within the OUTERWEAR FORUM as opposed to any other thread WITHIN the Outerwear Forum like this one is. Just throw a Title on the thread asking for ID help. Its a common practice. Nice jacket. Best of luck. I'm sure this will be figured out.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Hey, guys. Has anyone here ever bought a pre owned directly from aero? Are they willing to adjust any measurement (more specifically sleeve length)? Do they negotiate the price? How's the procedure? Much appreciate any reply!
Not the right thread, but-- I think they'd be fine making alterations, but I doubt they'd be willing to negotiate price. If anything, alterations would likely increase the price. Your best bet would be to e-mail them directly, contact information can be found on their website. These are my personal guesses, and they could be wrong. And if you manage to find an amazing find/deal on their used page, feel free to contribute to this thread by posting the link!

mvilla

A-List Customer
Not the right thread, but-- I think they'd be fine making alterations, but I doubt they'd be willing to negotiate price. If anything, alterations would likely increase the price. Your best bet would be to e-mail them directly, contact information can be found on their website. These are my personal guesses, and they could be wrong. And if you manage to find an amazing find/deal on their used page, feel free to contribute to this thread by posting the link!
Oh, sorry... I never know where's the right place to post questions...
Nevertheless, thanks for your reply. It's nothing like an awesome deal, it's just a makeup that I liked and that I think the measurements would suit me (apart from the sleeve length).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo