Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Leigh H

Practically Family
nice golden bear - size 40

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275686449772

s-l1600.jpeg

Ha, I missed the missing section of the flap. Nice catch. I saw the size and moved on.

Not for nothing but is yours wool lined? If not it’s a very different jacket quality wise. Not least of which the HH is much nicer on the older Kits, Wolf, etc.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
The original advertising for this jacket

View attachment 493196

I really liked those "eago" D pockets. Back in the day, they had the best Buco repro. I did own one of them. Mine was thick and very high quality. I had a size 42. Mine ran smaller. Later, I got a Schott, for about the same price. Eastman reproduction is several notches higher than the Schott. Now. the same is still true.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Added to my to do list

I look forward, it is a worthy jacket. I've never seen one like it, close. The front piping design has a unique effect on the pockets. There are various variations on this front theme in this time frame c.1939. The Front yoke? is unique and I believe telling of the maker. The cuff tell a story. Very similar to California Sportswear, but not, maybe Block in the Bay Area.

maybe a Pony hide, I've seen calf skin in this time.

Did you purchase this one?

CSC Calf Skin 1939 the front design they used and tweaked.

1677649653680.jpeg

Last edited:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I look forward, it is a worthy jacket. I've never seen one like it, close. The front piping design has a unique effect on the pockets. There are various variations on this front theme in this time frame c.1939. The Front yoke? is unique and I believe telling of the maker. The cuff tell a story. Very similar to California Sportswear, but not, maybe Block in the Bay Area.

maybe a Pony hide, I've seen calf skin in this time.

Did you purchase this one?
The front pair of yoke is in fact “yoke”, they are two pieces joined at a seam, I thought they are cords but it’s not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana