Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Not saying their prices are low, just that in the interest of lowering their own costs and maximizing their profits they’ve moved most of their production offshore. I think for a quality made garment domestic labour costs would account for quite a bit of the final price, look at what Dehen charges for US made jackets. I’ve no idea how avaricious they are, but I own one of their motorcycle sweaters and can attest to the quality in materials and construction.
Could be. I think some companies have more domestic production than others. Dehen is all domestic I believe. I have never handled a Dehen product but I understand they are quality materials and construction. Their reputation is strong. I haven't ever heard anything negative except perhaps as to price. I can't say if their stuff is overpriced for what it is but I can say that it seems priced at the high end. I have seen their N1 Deck Jackets online and they are priced high but seem to include materials (fur) that other makers don't so they could be totally justified with their retail prices. Even so, they probably are making decent margins on their stuff. I'd love to get ahold of one of their jackets one day.

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Is this jacket worth grabbing at $75.? I think it’s cowhide, and it’s mint condition.

Attachments

• 7F841A9B-1448-4EC2-B83A-E6E57EA7F430.jpeg
    7F841A9B-1448-4EC2-B83A-E6E57EA7F430.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • 564C5E65-5664-403A-99F5-D2DC52FAA27F.png
    564C5E65-5664-403A-99F5-D2DC52FAA27F.png
    6 MB · Views: 52
  • 8EB897EA-C121-4528-A902-1DF655D44817.png
    8EB897EA-C121-4528-A902-1DF655D44817.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 59

ojaw

A-List Customer
Could be. I think some companies have more domestic production than others. Dehen is all domestic I believe. I have never handled a Dehen product but I understand they are quality materials and construction. Their reputation is strong. I haven't ever heard anything negative except perhaps as to price. I can't say if their stuff is overpriced for what it is but I can say that it seems priced at the high end. I have seen their N1 Deck Jackets online and they are priced high but seem to include materials (fur) that other makers don't so they could be totally justified with their retail prices. Even so, they probably are making decent margins on their stuff. I'd love to get ahold of one of their jackets one day.
Was sorely tempted by their N1, but in the end went with Buzz Rickson’s, partly due to price but mostly due to the fact that their fits generally work better for me than Usonian ones, unlike most the crew around here!

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
The Dehen N-1 is a killer jacket. With a sweater I’ve worn mine into the single digits Fahrenheit. The waxed shell has done great for me in all kinds of weather and the micro fleece in the pockets and sleeves are nice utilitarian touches. It’s one of the nicest jackets I own, leather or not, but the price keeps me from recommending it to anyone. I don’t imagine you’d feel ripped off if you bought it but I’m sure Buzz Rickson also makes a great jacket.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
J. C. Penney Sterling Car Coat

i-img1024x1024-1676217103bd6uso16.jpg i-img1024x1024-16762171038m90y616.jpg
i-img1200x1200-1676217103dbxppl16.jpg i-img1200x1200-1676217103glfptq16.jpg

Shoulder width 46cm
Width 55cm
Sleeve length 59cm
Length 79cm

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics