Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Rough but original Oso en Perico....................... I am interested in the brand if anyone can ID/Decipher that label.....Looks like its from Minnestota perhaps.......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2852063293...ceqjGo7GlzGyPKOlYrgRYSrQ==|tkp:Bk9SR9y7_NXkYQ

1679959282110.png

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Anyone here buy this? Just ended at $710, good price, I would have bid if the seller offered international shipping, but such is life...
That one was a fun watch....... had like 70 plus watchers!!!! Seems like perhaps a bit of a high price compared to what you could get vintage wise for similar money. I mean, on one hand, it IS a cool jacket and Star Glove pre CALs don't pop up very often especially in a Straight Zip. So obviously it is worth it to some. On the other hand, I just think some of the cool 40s horsehide HBs or other more unique looking jackets can fall into this same price range. Apples and Oranges though I suppose....... Nice pick up for someone either way. Curious if the buyer is ONE OF US..........

Claybertrand

One Too Many
^^
Didn't the winner sniped it at the last second? Somebody high bid was $700 and the winner bid more as the auction closed. I am looking for a straight zip Star Glove; but this one was too big for me.
It jumped up a lot today. I couldn't tell if a sniper got it or if the sniper fell short of a nuclear type of max bid. What is your take on the price? Within range for these??? Is this what you have seen them go for? @Will Zach

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
@JMax told me that my wallet will cry if I really want a straight zip Star Glove. I think $700 is probably par for the course for these. I'd probably pay that, but better yet try to find one without the label, the seller being none the wiser. Fat chance, though. My grail is a brown Star Glove, straight zip with sick fadez, natural tea core. I may never find one and that's okay, got my Cal in the meantime.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
That one was a fun watch....... had like 70 plus watchers!!!! Seems like perhaps a bit of a high price compared to what you could get vintage wise for similar money. I mean, on one hand, it IS a cool jacket and Star Glove pre CALs don't pop up very often especially in a Straight Zip. So obviously it is worth it to some. On the other hand, I just think some of the cool 40s horsehide HBs or other more unique looking jackets can fall into this same price range. Apples and Oranges though I suppose....... Nice pick up for someone either way. Curious if the buyer is ONE OF US..........
Don't Star Gloves typically command a high price? Plus this one has a sweet Crown zip, the ones I've seen for sale at least have all been listed extremely high but have been sitting around as a result. I guess with most auctions you can't really tell the end price range until the last 10 minutes!

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Don't Star Gloves typically command a high price? Plus this one has a sweet Crown zip, the ones I've seen for sale at least have all been listed extremely high but have been sitting around as a result. I guess with most auctions you can't really tell the end price range until the last 10 minutes!
Yeah......the more I think about it, the price was probably fair. That Crown zip IS special. All in I would figure $800 or so for tax and shipping.

^^
@JMax told me that my wallet will cry if I really want a straight zip Star Glove. I think $700 is probably par for the course for these. I'd probably pay that, but better yet try to find one without the label, the seller being none the wiser. Fat chance, though. My grail is a brown Star Glove, straight zip with sick fadez, natural tea core. I may never find one and that's okay, got my Cal in the meantime.
Yeah --- the unlabeled barn find would likely bring a lower price......What you are seeking sounds freakin awesome!!! If something like that fell into my lap I would probably have to jump at it bank account be damned!!! The brown Cals and Straight Zip Cals are rare enough on their own....... and you aspire to find BOTH in one jacket!!!!! Why the hell not!??!?!?!?! Aim HIGH!!!! I think I'm gonna add your wish to my list. I don't feel too bad ripping off your dream brother because we are not the same size. Lol

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Yeah......the more I think about it, the price was probably fair. That Crown zip IS special. All in I would figure $800 or so for tax and shipping.

Yeah --- the unlabeled barn find would likely bring a lower price......What you are seeking sounds freakin awesome!!! If something like that fell into my lap I would probably have to jump at it bank account be damned!!! The brown Cals and Straight Zip Cals are rare enough on their own....... and you aspire to find BOTH in one jacket!!!!! Why the hell not!??!?!?!?! Aim HIGH!!!! I think I'm gonna add your wish to my list. I don't feel too bad ripping off your dream brother because we are not the same size. Lol
Exactly...:)

Jasonissm

Practically Family

This one was my size, but I figured given customs + shipping to Australia (that they didn't offer), it would have easily cleared over a grand. Was secretly hoping it was gonna go nuclear and way out of my price range so I don't feel bad for missing out on it lol

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Great condition All State size 38, quite high price as well but, phenomenal jacket!

i-img1080x1080-1679642433a69diz101658.jpg i-img800x636-16796424333o9wpu101658.jpg i-img1120x1200-1679642434o2vwvb2023.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko