Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

RiteStuffBryan

One of the Regulars
Ralph-Pugh going soon!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3255876035...bcWa-HVTaG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
D2A8A5EF-E6C5-4631-85F5-44A3DD80B5CB.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

Bluechel

Practically Family
I really wanted this jacket until it went over $300! One of the earliest RP Aviator style jackets I have seen from them. The additional label is also of interest. Confirms the high end leathers they used.

At least I have the pictures.
I really wanted this jacket until it went over $300! One of the earliest RP Aviator style jackets I have seen from them. The additional label is also of interest. Confirms the high end leathers they used.

At least I have the pictures.
Leather looks ruined on collar and elbows, no?

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Ralph Lauren Aviator, size medium. €250 on vinted. I'm tempted to get it myself.

View attachment 503801 View attachment 503802 View attachment 503803

Looks to be inspired by this Penny's

View attachment 503804
Hey @Marc mndt did you snag it bro!?!?!?!!?!????? I don't normally go for the RL stuff but I have increasingly been attracted by some of their jackets lately. I like what they have done and are doing with their vintage repros. If you got this try to post some pics after you have cleaned it up and conditioned it. Already a pretty damn nice looking jacket but we know you can bring out the best in it. Hopefully you got it.

If so, that's TRUE JACKET ADDICT behavior man!!!! I've done this a few times myself where I post something here AND fall in love with it at the same time only to buy it right after I post it. Such is the mania..............

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hey @Marc mndt did you snag it bro!?!?!?!!?!?????
Nope, I didn't. It was a tough fight though, NOT to buy it.

I'm at my limit as to how many jackets I can store. Which means that for each one I buy I need to let go of another one. And as nice as this RL is, it's not worth letting go of one of my vintage gems.

I don't normally go for the RL stuff but I have increasingly been attracted by some of their jackets lately. I like what they have done and are doing with their vintage repros.
The current RL jackets are crap, both from their Polo brandline as from RRL.

This was one of the old Polo jackets, probably about 15 years old. Back then their jackets were high quality, in terms of materials and build quality.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Nope, I didn't. It was a tough fight though, NOT to buy it.

I'm at my limit as to how many jackets I can store. Which means that for each one I buy I need to let go of another one. And as nice as this RL is, it's not worth letting go of one of my vintage gems.

The current RL jackets are crap, both from their Polo brandline as from RRL.

This was one of the old Polo jackets, probably about 15 years old. Back then their jackets were high quality, in terms of materials and build quality.
I hear you man. I have reached a limit of sorts myself. I need to start listing the jackets that at least do not work for me and evolve my collection toward items that actually fit me and my climate.

I am not really educated much on the Ralph Lauren products other than reading up a bit on the RRL line. The two jackets that I have seen that I liked were indeed older but I am not sure how old. I THINK the label I saw was a regular dark blue Polo label like is on the shirts. Not RRL and not Polo Sport or Chaps or some other of the lower end offerings. Maybe I will just stick to what I know which is more true vintage items. Gotta make space though!!!!

I like your style and discipline as well as your reasoning. Seeing a bit of your drool worthy collection I wouldn't swap out ANY of your vintage treasures for something more contemporary. You got a hell of a synergy between QUALITY and QUANITY!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk