Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Leigh H

Practically Family
A friend of mine is selling a kids Sized Californian fringe jacket.

$120

Pretty cool!

Attachments

• DA66B4AC-4C50-4632-9467-B166C0FEEBE6.jpeg
    DA66B4AC-4C50-4632-9467-B166C0FEEBE6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Anyone know if this is the Toyo repro? Condition looks too good for a 40s/50s Californian.

i-img900x1200-1682599556zqxnds129694.jpg

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Cheap earlier Sportclad, Shoulder width 45 cm Width 48 cm Dress length 74 cm Sleeve length 61 cm.

i-img900x1200-1685620766w3nc5t243282.jpg

AHP91

Practically Family

AHP91

Practically Family
I could be wrong but to me it looks like an original Californian label on a non -Californian jacket.
Yea, I mean this is a big part of the reason I tend to shy away from buying on Japan proxies. You run into enough problems on eBay as it is, I could only imagine what would it would be like if you ran into trouble on a proxy site.

And this is coming from someone who's bought a handful of jackets with literally no measurements posted

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Yea, I mean this is a big part of the reason I tend to shy away from buying on Japan proxies. You run into enough problems on eBay as it is, I could only imagine what would it would be like if you ran into trouble on a proxy site.

And this is coming from someone who's bought a handful of jackets with literally no measurements posted
That was how I ended up with my Rainbow Country that was 3 inches shorter in sleeve and 3 inches bigger in chest and shoulder from the measurements the seller provided! Unbelievable!

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I see that they have a store in Tokyo, located near Brass Tokyo. I'll be visiting Brass on Monday, maybe I'll go and check out this this store too.
Please report back! Second Street is a massive chain, and every time I see something interesting, it's in one of their branches in a different city!

Also watch out with Brass Tokyo, they were randomly closed when I tried to visit... Their usual holiday is every Wednesday but they just decided to close randomly on the Tuesday I went! Such is life with smaller Japanese stores.

Nacho

Practically Family
That was how I ended up with my Rainbow Country that was 3 inches shorter in sleeve and 3 inches bigger in chest and shoulder from the measurements the seller provided! Unbelievable!
I got burned a few times so, these days, I only buy if seller provides measurement pictures. If they don't, then I'm just gonna move on. Unless it's a style that I really like, it's rare and the price isn't too crazy. That I'm willing to gamble a little.

If it's too good to be true, it's usually not that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ