Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Al 916

One Too Many
For those chilly evenings (you lucky slim chaps)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185933276662?hash=item2b4a7ca5f6:g:JsMAAOSwGZtkgi8h&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4OLn9dJ0T1rZXJT2XL5768wJvcviKvesfLnL4BzMprD3AWRhnwm2JByfyomOyj6V+PEMa5juHl/XlE3FWtbjrYJpDRPc+PAygT3IdRlzTV+grAk7MYz6lrjjuFNLGZVMU4IUERlvxfXUaWESqHwjFHvjirh9v9/UmcTfD8aEHokkApJ48vIs9WJlSkSAtzDUW2q5jzp+dnfoE+jAcv1l4O/l19xuxU7lEoGQ7BsXH2jtalyErrSvtY+njqY7fxpXfYf8BQo5bpAQIofrcYgx7YqcVjWUEOOvDIINfRhgmRCL|tkp:Bk9SR9zCoIGUYg&LH_ItemCondition=4
s-l1600.jpg

I quite fancy one 42 I think

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Anyone know if this is the Toyo repro? Condition looks too good for a 40s/50s Californian.

[/URL]

View attachment 523913
Why not a Californian? To me it doesn't make much difference, this is a very cool jacket, way too small for me. Looks like Calf skin or Pony hide, both leathers CSC used, not a "new" jacket. Could be a Talon ball and chain zippers, Can't tell for sure from the pics. I don't think anyone else had a zipper like this .

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Seems to be extra short if the measurements are to be believed. 23.5" INCLUDING THE COLLAR....... That puts the back length (assuming the measurement was taken at the back) at roughly 22". That's pretty dang short ESPECIALLY for a 46........ I asked for a specific length measurement of the back length without the collar and Seller has not responded.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I love that these two showed up next to each other in this mornings ebay search:
View attachment 524467
View attachment 524468
This IS cool that these popped up together man!!!! These remind me of 2 things BOTH candy related:

1.) The modern TWIX commercials where they act like the left side and right side Twix bars are separate entities.

2.) Back in the..... prolly 80s......REESE's had these commercials where they would show 2 figures from by gone eras -- one holding a chocolate bar, and one holding a jar of peanut butter. Inevitably, they would somehow clumsily run into each other and the chocolate bar would end up wedged into the peanut butter. Both parties would initially express annoyance at the other..."You've got your chocolate in my Peanut Butter!!!" "Your Peanut Butter's all over my Chocolate!!" Then they would both have the revelation that, "ITS DELICIOUS!!"

Anyway so......yeah....... that's the kind of crap I got rattlin around in my brain. Cool jackets tho!!

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Seems to be extra short if the measurements are to be believed. 23.5" INCLUDING THE COLLAR....... That puts the back length (assuming the measurement was taken at the back) at roughly 22". That's pretty dang short ESPECIALLY for a 46........ I asked for a specific length measurement of the back length without the collar and Seller has not responded.
In fact it says "Top of neck to the end of hem: 23 1/2", which should not include collar. Maybe...

Claybertrand

One Too Many
In fact it says "Top of neck to the end of hem: 23 1/2", which should not include collar. Maybe...
This is why I asked specifically for clarification and to specifically omit the collar itself if in was in fact included in the measurement. It also does not indicate if the measurement was taken at the back or the front. I have seen some pretty short old vintage jackets. I could see 23.5" minus the collar as a back length. But not 23.5" including the collar. Photo measurements of course remove all doubt most of the time. Maybe the Seller will respond.......... but I'm not holdin my breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo