Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I've got one
20230613_103037.jpg

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Seems to be extra short if the measurements are to be believed. 23.5" INCLUDING THE COLLAR....... That puts the back length (assuming the measurement was taken at the back) at roughly 22". That's pretty dang short ESPECIALLY for a 46........ I asked for a specific length measurement of the back length without the collar and Seller has not responded.
Sellers response received today : The length of the jacket is 23 1/2" measured down the center back from neckline seam to bottom hem.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Sellers response received today : The length of the jacket is 23 1/2" measured down the center back from neckline seam to bottom hem.
Yeah he got back to me as well. Sadly I cannot do 23.5" in back length. I have tried but learned that lesson awhile ago. Also, I think he had us confused as he also quoted me shipping to France. I thought perhaps you were who that was intended for so I told him to redirect that shipping quote to you. Seems to be a cool one just too short for me.

Mawashi

One of the Regulars
Aero Black FQHH Size 40 Maxwell in Germany for 550eu.
Could most likely negotiate it down a lot.
Looks nice but very long? Seems almost like teamster length...
https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anze...e-40-schwarz-fliegerjacke/2466448011-160-9593
(PS: Dude says it's too big for him, but I'd say it looks pretty damn good!)
View attachment 525354
View attachment 525355
The front might not look so bad but the back is really awful. Looks like he could fit 2 thick sweaters in. The arms are also baggy and unless he puts on another 10kg I'll look like a sack on him.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Herc HB probably size 42-44. Not cheap but can make offers
I kinda think it sucks when a Seller KNOWS DAMN WELL there are holes in the leather and those are not highlighted in the photos or mentioned at all in the description. I mean, I can SEE what appear to be various holes but they are only incidentally visible via the general condition photos that were posted. I know it may seem detrimental to a sale to show flaws, but ya gotta be honest and upfront with issues if they are present IMO,. Instead--one must engage in a back and forth inquiry dance to determine how much damage is present.

I understand selling "AS IS----AS SHOWN" but purposely being mum on the known flaws HOPING a prospective buyer doesn't notice them is just lame to me.

AHP91

Practically Family
Herc HB probably size 42-44. Not cheap but can make offers

I kinda think it sucks when a Seller KNOWS DAMN WELL there are holes in the leather and those are not highlighted in the photos or mentioned at all in the description. I mean, I can SEE what appear to be various holes but they are only incidentally visible via the general condition photos that were posted. I know it may seem detrimental to a sale to show flaws, but ya gotta be honest and upfront with issues if they are present IMO,. Instead--one must engage in a back and forth inquiry dance to determine how much damage is present.

I understand selling "AS IS----AS SHOWN" but purposely being mum on the known flaws HOPING a prospective buyer doesn't notice them is just lame to me.
No surprise here. Sellers would rather take the money and run. It's a good thing eBay tends to side with buyers in disputes for exactly this reason.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
No surprise here. Sellers would rather take the money and run. It's a good thing eBay tends to side with buyers in disputes for exactly this reason.
But you need to know how to set yourself up to be on the right side. You gotta make sure you ask questions to force the Seller to say something they can be held to in order to make it a slam dunk in your favor with eBay. Of course, if the Seller accepted returns, that'd be a different story. In this case, they do not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24