Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jeo

One Too Many
Cal tagged as "Women's leather biker jacket"... That's all, title and description. Seller asks $90, in Santa Barbara, CA. FB Marketplace
340817127_6189542874442038_2912243551469488506_n.jpg

*Sofa and floor not included.

Great condition on this guy. The leather on both sleeves looks spectacular.

CombatWombat

Familiar Face
Send it home baby!
Haha well it's going for $225AUD which isn't too bad with the exchange rate
Add another $75aud for postage and it could be yours ;)
It could do with a clean under the throat snaps (it's been folded over and I didn't want to risk cracking the leather since it felt a bit dry) but apart from that it's actually pretty minty condition
Though it's was about the only good jacket they had in there.....the rest were Schott A2/G1 lovechilds

mvilla

A-List Customer
Haha well it's going for $225AUD which isn't too bad with the exchange rate
Add another $75aud for postage and it could be yours ;)
It could do with a clean under the throat snaps (it's been folded over and I didn't want to risk cracking the leather since it felt a bit dry) but apart from that it's actually pretty minty condition
Though it's was about the only good jacket they had in there.....the rest were Schott A2/G1 lovechilds
Doesn't sound too bad price wise, really... Any chance to get better pictures and measurement info?

CombatWombat

Familiar Face
Doesn't sound too bad price wise, really... Any chance to get better pictures and measurement info?
Unfortunately I'm not local to the area (was in the city for a hospital appointment)
I'm back down there on Fri afternoon and I'll try to take better pictures of it as well as bring my tailor's tape

Nacho

Practically Family
Unlabeled Aviator half belt with the Union tag in the pocket. Maybe JC Penny or possibly Ralph Pughs? No zip but buttons. Kinda unique in its own way.

About size 38. If it were a little bigger and longer, I'd probably keep it to myself and get into a bidding war with the Japanese for it. But oh well, too small and short for meself. :cool:

24 bids at $365CAD. 5 more days to go.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g1100894745

i-img1200x1166-1690684955fplgly1967615.jpg
i-img1088x1196-1690684955mpp3zf1967615.jpg

jeo

One Too Many
I do not understand why Star Gloves do not draw higher prices.

@dudewuttheheck and I spoke with Larry McKaughan at a recent vintage show in NYC and the subject of police jackets came up. He said they are not popular among collectors. Mainly because they are heavy and cumbersome. The leather on some of these police style jackets are sometimes too heavy and won’t be comfortable for many people for casual wear.

$740 is high end for this jacket imo. If it were 40’s I could see this range and maybe even more. Some of the older Star Gloves are super cool.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@dudewuttheheck and I spoke with Larry McKaughan at a recent vintage show in NYC and the subject of police jackets came up. He said they are not popular among collectors. Mainly because they are heavy and cumbersome. The leather on some of these police style jackets are sometimes too heavy and won’t be comfortable for many people for casual wear.

$740 is high end for this jacket imo. If it were 40’s I could see this range and maybe even more. Some of the older Star Gloves are super cool.
I think it is also because this particular one is too big a size for Japanese market. 47 inch chest guys in Japan are usually not of typical body shape and require custom jacket from like Langlitz.
This also late model Star Glove BIN price is around 1000 usd. This one has been around for a long time but in a smaller shorter size.
I'd consider buying it if the price is lower.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e1067031269
This one has been on Yahoo Auction for even longer. IMO the price for this size(measurement) also means it is not going to be easy to sell in Japan.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e1039960298

There was a late model straight zip in Taiwan like the one on Rakuma but in a smaller size sold for slightly less than USD 700. I had been eyeing it for a while but I was not sure about the leather condition. It looks too dry and there may be cracks in some areas.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24