Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

AHP91

Practically Family
Yeah......... I don't personally really dig the elastic on leather jackets. Not a fatality-- just not my favorite features. I gotta learn more people's sizes so I can properly tag em. This SPENDING OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY just might be the only way to curb my jacket buying addiction.

I just hope you aren’t the head writer for “in style” vintage leather magazine otherwise my jacket is really in trouble

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I just hope you aren’t the head writer for “in style” vintage leather magazine otherwise my jacket is really in trouble
Lol. I'm sure your jacket is cool regardless man.

I have jackets myself that do have elastic and there are true vintage jackets like the Kurland I posted that have them.

To me, though functional, they sorta ruin the look of a leather waistband. When I first got into this hobby, I used to think the old jackets didn't have elastic--like---that it was a more modern invention--- but I have seen some really old ones that do have it. I just prefer the look of a leather waist without the elastic and for some reason they look older that way to me. I also think they CAN sorta blouse out a jacket similar to how knits can. But then again, I also have a few that do have knits. Alas, when buying old stuff, you take em as they come. While I am not totally averse to elastic (or knits) on the right jacket if I can pull it off/get it to fit right, I wouldn't choose em if it were up to me.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
This one from Canada , but I would ask for measurement pics.
I've never had a jacket with 20' shoulders and 21' PtP. Especially with 25' back and sleeves.
I would guess the chest is around 23'-24'. And it has gussets.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3051636809...5l3to80rIwmnlpoAfT6AkX6w==|tkp:Bk9SR_yvq63bYg
1695889446689.png

Nacho

Practically Family

@Johnny Deadlifts Here is possibly a Cal or something else with back gussets you’ve been looking for. Also sold by a Vancity local Drew Heifetz of F as in Frank. Can’t get any better than this.

Last edited:

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
@Johnny Deadlifts Here is possibly a Cal or something else with back gussets you’ve been looking for. Also sold by a Vancity local Drew Heifetz of F as in Frank. Can’t get any better than this.
Thanks for the heads up, but the Cal you sold me has fulfilled most of my Cal needs:) My next Cal conquest would be a straight zip with cuffs and no kidney panel or belt loops, like @dudewuttheheck has:)

Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Same maker as this one and I *think the same size:
View attachment 548868
Thes H Bar C ranchers are straight up tanks. The whole thing is double lined with wool, then a Sherpa vest and nylon quilted sleeves. Sweat box.
View attachment 548874
For the real cold only. Hopefully we get some
Yeah the site seems to be wonky still. I don't know if a new ad package is causing it or not. Its been shaky for at least the last couple of weeks.

I have been getting into these "Cowboy" jackets too. I prefer one size up from this one...... but these different makers---as with leather makers---have their own interpretations of sizes. I don't own a jacket from this maker but they appear to be pretty true to size. I think that Trego's are also more true to size whereas Pioneer Wear for example seem to run generously large. Rich Sher made some of these too. Great and generally very wearable jackets----more so than leather IMO.

This one should work out for you. You'll be ready to kick cow pies and patrol Dutton Ranch!!!!

PS: Cool when you can nail down your size based on a jacket you have then you can look for that same jacket and actually find more. Doesn't happen as much with vintage leather which tends to be older and seemingly more rare. Plus with the leather, the colors are generally limited to black and brown whereas these plaids have more cool color combos to pursue.

Yeah the site seems to be wonky still. I don't know if a new ad package is causing it or not. Its been shaky for at least the last couple of weeks.

I have been getting into these "Cowboy" jackets too. I prefer one size up from this one...... but these different makers---as with leather makers---have their own interpretations of sizes. I don't own a jacket from this maker but they appear to be pretty true to size. I think that Trego's are also more true to size whereas Pioneer Wear for example seem to run generously large. Rich Sher made some of these too. Great and generally very wearable jackets----more so than leather IMO.

This one should work out for you. You'll be ready to kick cow pies and patrol Dutton Ranch!!!!

PS: Cool when you can nail down your size based on a jacket you have then you can look for that same jacket and actually find more. Doesn't happen as much with vintage leather which tends to be older and seemingly more rare. Plus with the leather, the colors are generally limited to black and brown whereas these plaids have more cool color combos to pursue.
There’s some wacky shadow plaids available in these. Had my eye on this one long ago:
IMG_1232.jpeg
IMG_1233.jpeg

Only thing that stopped me was a fear of being mistaken for a Packers fan. I say that knowing full well who the bears are.
IMG_2057.gif

Claybertrand

One Too Many
There’s some wacky shadow plaids available in these. Had my eye on this one long ago:
View attachment 548918 View attachment 548919
Only thing that stopped me was a fear of being mistaken for a Packers fan. I say that knowing full well who the bears are.
View attachment 548920
Dude!!!!!! Been there!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually have a green shadow plaid Trego's that is like the sport coat models that you have. It looks to be the same shadow plaid or very similar. What gave me MAJOR PAUSE was that it's green. I didn't wanna be mistaken for a CELTICS fan........ughhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! For years I wouldn't even own an article of green clothing out of pure Celtic hatred. I now own a few green items but I tell myself they are only for St. Patrick's day. The Trego's jacket was too cool to pass up even in that nauseating green.

Though I really dig these Western jackets, I have not (yet) purchased cowboy boots. But I will say that the square toed boots that look more workmanlike than cowboy like are what I will get in the event I DO go full URBAN COWBOY.........Prolly just a matter of time. I'll never buy spurs tho. Ya just don't need em for Mechanical Bulls!!

Bro----we reside in football hell. The Bears might as well be the MidWest Raiders!!! Both of our teams have: Storied History, Futuristic Looking Stadiums, Questionable (to say the least) Ownership, Perpetually CRAPPY Records, and hugely dedicated, largely delusional, and LONG SUFFERING fans. But at least no one has dropped a 70 BURGER on us!! I guess that's something only WALMART MONEY can buy!!!!! Yikes!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran