Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Davisleathernyc

Familiar Face
s-l1600.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3350903748...JA==|tkp:Bk9SR66O_rLzYg&LH_ItemCondition=3000

cbez

One Too Many
Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
This is a rather interesting looking jacket. 1930s styling but I wonder if it wasn't made for the 1989 Batman film, in a style paying homage to the era when Batman was first created. The YKK sleeve and pocket zips aren't 30s vintage, either they are replacements or the entire jacket is 80s built to look like a 30s jacket. But it's very well done if it's a 80s jacket.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225854663341

Attachments

• s-l1200 (10).png
    s-l1200 (10).png
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • s-l1200 (9).png
    s-l1200 (9).png
    1 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
never heard of this brand, seems like they went out of business? looks like some serious cowhide.

View attachment 557888
View attachment 557889 View attachment 557890 View attachment 557891
I think they're called Takahashi now, he still takes in the old Standard label jackets (ended 2013) for repairs as it seems.

They do look a lot like Four Speed. I wonder what the connection is. I follow Four Speed on facebook but he moved his shop and I had trouble understanding the translations.

cbez

One Too Many
I think they're called Takahashi now, he still takes in the old Standard label jackets (ended 2013) for repairs as it seems.

They do look a lot like Four Speed. I wonder what the connection is. I follow Four Speed on facebook but he moved his shop and I had trouble understanding the translations.
Interesting find. Maybe I am just not familiar enough with four speed but I picture them a little more refined. These seem to have a more utilitarian aesthetic. The dark red teacore is killer.

Edit: now that I look I do see the 4 speed similarity. Maybe it's just the super grainy cowhide throwing me off.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Isn't that jacket amazing! I don't have the resolve to look for one in my size. There is a very nice Diamond Dave Monarch combo jacket on ebay. I either owned the one for sale or it's twin. Not as fancy as the jacket trim but also near a size 46, if it was the one I owned. I thought about going back and buying it. I believe I bought a leather from that same seller. That is where I saw again.

Isn't that jacket amazing! I don't have the resolve to look for one in my size. There is a very nice Diamond Dave Monarch combo jacket on ebay. I either owned the one for sale or it's twin. Not as fancy as the jacket trim but also near a size 46, if it was the one I owned. I thought about going back and buying it. I believe I bought a leather from that same seller. That is where I saw again.

This jacket is really cool. I briefly owned a Jelado leather jacket that was quality.

I’ll go look for that DD/Monarch combo. Wool?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24