Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Al 916

One Too Many
edit, never mind I saw the made in USA in the tag. Still exercise with caution.

I think that's another made in China jacket. Using the washing machine and then hot dryer was very popular for their stuff a few years back. While it is technically shrunken grain sort of, the zippers warps after the treatment, and high heat drying sometimes compromises the leather integrity, hard to see from just photos.

There are a lot of made in China jacket being sold in Japan in the low budget category (under ¥30,000). While they're not bad jackets, there is also no need to overpay for them. Just give a quick search on Aliexpress. You'll probably find better deals.
My first thought when I saw it was heat damage (it has a slightly 'melted' look about it). Good to know this was a thing - thanks T

blm14

One of the Regulars
really interesting schott car coat

s-l1600.jpg
s-l16002.jpg

blm14

One of the Regulars
SUPER grainy branded garments orchard M/C car coat. I have an orchard MC crosszip that is tagged 52 but fits much closer to a 46 or a trim 48. No measurements listed... Never seen this style before from them!

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
So I went to take a closer look at the custom 30s half belt. While the price was really great, there is a spot in the front that would concern me. It looks like it got wet and then dried too fast and created that fold which made the bottom zip wavy. If you bought the jacket and can't unfold that crease, just send it back. In theory you can use some fatty conditioning to soften and flatten that crease. Full veg tan goatskin has its issues with water and heat drying, fat usually can fix a lot of things veg tan, but not always.
value aero.jpg

DamonCyclee

Familiar Face
So I went to take a closer look at the custom 30s half belt. While the price was really great, there is a spot in the front that would concern me. It looks like it got wet and then dried too fast and created that fold which made the bottom zip wavy. If you bought the jacket and can't unfold that crease, just send it back. In theory you can use some fatty conditioning to soften and flatten that crease. Full veg tan goatskin has its issues with water and heat drying, fat usually can fix a lot of things veg tan, but not always.
View attachment 579522
Unfortunately I did not, I thought it was fake and forgot about it. Should of posted it here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy