Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Leather Walker

Practically Family
So glad this is too small for me. Few Taubers detachable collar seem to have survived, or not order, or just lost. I've had one older than this. Sold it. It was a beautiful leather jacket. This one does not say Horsehide. It is probably early to mid 60s, with this label, zipper, leather combination. Taubers was producing jackets of Quality till their demise. They never really stopped, just fade away. The belt looks cool, but no mention of when they met. I don't know how to identify belts like this.

I have never owned a 'cheap" Taubers product and that Spans from near the beginning to near the end 1941-1990? My favorite jacket is a Taubers.

I have no idea if they are worth the price, but they are worth the look. A piece of American Motorcycle gear history. That is what they did.

Compare this jacket with other makers of, say 1960,

I've been sick, I guess I need to throw out something positive. I don't think I got anything on the jacket. It isn't even mine.

View attachment 592618
View attachment 592619 View attachment 592620

Magnificent jacket, absolutely! To those concerned: https://www.ebay.com/itm/266684345750

jeo

One Too Many
Sorry, In my rambling I forgot the link. Thanks for the edit! This is one maker I can endorse without hesitation. Seems Taubers can hang around a long time unsold. Not sure why.
Not sure why either. They are some of the best vintage jackets I’ve experienced.

I currently own two Taubers, both are amazing.

This 50’s one has some of the nicest horsehide out of anything I own. Thick but plush and pliable, you can just feel the quality. Still has a strong horsehide smell!

IMG_6935.jpeg
IMG_6936.jpeg

This one from the 60’s also has very nice horsehide with a thin top coat that wears off pretty easily.

IMG_6937.jpeg
IMG_6938.jpeg

There was a mint 50’s one for sale on Etsy for well over a year. $750 was too much for people although it eventually sold. I would have jumped on it if it was my size.

IMG_6932.jpeg
IMG_6933.jpeg
IMG_6934.jpeg

Nacho

Practically Family
Not sure why either. They are some of the best vintage jackets I’ve experienced.

I currently own two Taubers, both are amazing.

This 50’s one has some of the nicest horsehide out of anything I own. Thick but plush and pliable, you can just feel the quality. Still has a strong horsehide smell!

View attachment 592713 View attachment 592714

This one from the 60’s also has very nice horsehide with a thin top coat that wears off pretty easily.

View attachment 592715 View attachment 592716

There was a mint 50’s one for sale on Etsy for well over a year. $750 was too much for people although it eventually sold. I would have jumped on it if it was my size.

View attachment 592721 View attachment 592722 View attachment 592723

RE: the last Tauber.

I actually talked to the owner of the shop that sells this jacket. I doubt if it was sold out at all. She was putting her shop in hibernation for the past few years and she's planning to open it up again towards the late 2024. This listing was just a static item she had on there. It could have been a mistake from her end. Who knows. So it might be still available again at the end of this year.

I love this jacket, too. Too tight in the chest for me.

screenshot.JPG

jeo

One Too Many
RE: the last Tauber.

I actually talked to the owner of the shop that sells this jacket. I doubt if it was sold out at all. She was putting her shop in hibernation for the past few years and she's planning to open it up again towards the late 2024. This listing was just a static item she had on there. It could have been a mistake from her end. Who knows. So it might be still available again at the end of this year.

I love this jacket, too. Too tight in the chest for me.

View attachment 592842

Someone should go for it!

jchance

One of the Regulars
Taubers “40” (prob fit 36 chest), $75 starting bid from UK

Taubers “42” (19 p2p), $500, can offer

AHP91

Practically Family
This one looks like the one to own. I've sold off pretty much any heavy jacket I owned (with the exception of an old probably heavy one coming in that I had to take a peek at). Don't ride a bike, and can't see how I want to walk around with 5+ pounds of horse leather on my shoulder. Much more enjoyable with light weight jackets. If you ride - completely different story, of course.
Here is one I used to own. Great jackets. I liked the lighter weight HH.

View attachment 592746

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot