Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine Creek Leather

If there’s no front drop. 23-24” back length fits me like a halter top. There’s a lot to factor in with back length beyond the actual measurement. The vintage storm rider’s I had were 23” back and the front sat a full 1” above my belly button!
Conversely a 26” back with a front drop fits like a tunic top. Both are undesirable. Finding the sweet spot to match the design can be hard to do. Regardless, I just don’t find fine creek all that interesting to look at. Especially
when new.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, they're like 27" back.

Yesterday I've went through just about every heritage clothes store I could think of, wanted to see if there's anything new and exciting going on (not a whole lot) and one thing I've noticed is just about every style of jacket, be it leather or jean jacket or otherwise, has been stretched out to the absolute extreme. Like, most trucker jackets and x zips seem to be 26" - 27" long which is... Madness. You even got Mister Freedom now making jackets at 26" back and they were the last ones keeping the trucker extremely short.

Schott 503 sz. 42 is 26.5" long. Flat Head CR is 27" long in a size 42, with the D-pocket being 26", same size. Nine Lives x zip is a freaking 27" back, too, size 42.
These are shirt lengths, not jackets. Car coats. Madness.
There would be time when you cant wear jaket with your shirt tucked for sure... payback for all "tuck your shirt in" comments... that is how karma cycle goes lol.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Yesterday I've went through just about every heritage clothes store I could think of, wanted to see if there's anything new and exciting going on (not a whole lot) and one thing I've noticed is just about every style of jacket, be it leather or jean jacket or otherwise, has been stretched out to the absolute extreme. Like, most trucker jackets and x zips seem to be 26" - 27" long which is... Madness. You even got Mister Freedom now making jackets at 26" back and they were the last ones keeping the trucker extremely short.

Schott 503 sz. 42 is 26.5" long. Flat Head CR is 27" long in a size 42, with the D-pocket being 26", same size. Nine Lives x zip is a freaking 27" back, too, size 42.

Yes, they are going entirely too far with the lengths...;)

s-l1600.jpg

Patek

New in Town
FCL Leon Custom in brown, apparently they made this... shinki horsehide per Kiya from Self Edge
View attachment 175955

First post here. I have the brown custom coming in. I had just ordered an Imperial from Himel Bros in medium brown and then I saw the custom in brown and Self Edge said they had a 44 that someone ordered but never picked up so I did. I told myself no more "motorcycle style" jackets as I have 2 Fox creek jackets for actual riding as well as a Vanson and a track spec Alpinestar along with all of the regular textile jackets.

I do have a Himel Bros Kensington which I do not wear on the bike as there is no actual armor. However, when I saw the Leon Custom in brown and realized that one was readily available in what I think is my size, I ordered it. I do prefer the look without epaulets or them cut off but why not. I wanted brown as I thin the black moto jacket is pretty played out (some would call it a classic) but I guess I could wear my Fox Creek if I was feeling black. The cuts will make it easier to suggest to my wife that I picked it up on eBay for a song rather than ordering two $2k jackets in the same month.

Lets hope this fits and is all it is hyped up to be.

Patek

New in Town
This is the picture that made up my mind.
I tell my wife what I buy. No surprises that way and no lies between us.

It is my fun money and I can spend what I want but it just works out better that way since there is no "Is that new? Why buy that since that jacket looks just like the others you have" conversation.

I don't lie to her but she has no idea the costs of my toys. She does ask if she comes home and somehow the two motorcycles in the garage multiplied to four. However, she never asks the price on anything. That works out well because all of her good stuff, I bought for her as she is happy to shop at Forever21.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
First post here. I have the brown custom coming in. I had just ordered an Imperial from Himel Bros in medium brown and then I saw the custom in brown and Self Edge said they had a 44 that someone ordered but never picked up so I did. I told myself no more "motorcycle style" jackets as I have 2 Fox creek jackets for actual riding as well as a Vanson and a track spec Alpinestar along with all of the regular textile jackets.

I do have a Himel Bros Kensington which I do not wear on the bike as there is no actual armor. However, when I saw the Leon Custom in brown and realized that one was readily available in what I think is my size, I ordered it. I do prefer the look without epaulets or them cut off but why not. I wanted brown as I thin the black moto jacket is pretty played out (some would call it a classic) but I guess I could wear my Fox Creek if I was feeling black. The cuts will make it easier to suggest to my wife that I picked it up on eBay for a song rather than ordering two $2k jackets in the same month.

Lets hope this fits and is all it is hyped up to be.
Great choice. I do have the black version (the horsehide feels very soft and liner feels like silk and overall construction and craftmanship is top notch but I still can't believe that a 2mm thick Horsehide jacket is not as heavy as a LW 4oz or Aero 4oz Steerhide) - comparing FCL's HH with Himel's it's a big difference - the Himel Shinki is IMO much more nicer (I only know the brown oil tanned Shinki). I'm looking forward to your reviews. 2 jackets in a month is a lot, so stop watching the threads here since otherwise it will become worse for you as you would need to occupy you Wife's closet space like I do :p

Patek

New in Town
Great choice. I do have the black version (the horsehide feels very soft and liner feels like silk and overall construction and craftmanship is top notch but I still can't believe that a 2mm thick Horsehide jacket is not as heavy as a LW 4oz or Aero 4oz Steerhide) - comparing FCL's HH with Himel's it's a big difference - the Himel Shinki is IMO much more nicer (I only know the brown oil tanned Shinki). I'm looking forward to your reviews. 2 jackets in a month is a lot, so stop watching the threads here since otherwise it will become worse for you as you would need to occupy you Wife's closet space like I do :p

I already have my own shoe/boot closet. so yeah, need to throttle back. Covid has been bad for me. I ordered two pairs of custom White's Boots, three pairs of John Lofgren (two stock and one custom), and one Viberg among a bunch of denim, shirts, and socks.

Time to hit the brakes.

I'm with you Colin G. Never wanted to marry a new Mommy as a Wife that I felt like I had to make excuses to or work around her permission. Although some seem to enjoy that game of sheepish deception. I would be miserable. I buy what I can afford after all the vital necessities and never feel the need to hide anything.
HD

Xavier WT

New in Town
Hi guys,

I'm interested in the Falls Church model (Lee 101J lookalike) and I have no idea where that could be found. Please let me know if anybody knows anything. Size 42.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I already have my own shoe/boot closet. so yeah, need to throttle back. Covid has been bad for me. I ordered two pairs of custom White's Boots, three pairs of John Lofgren (two stock and one custom), and one Viberg among a bunch of denim, shirts, and socks.

Time to hit the brakes.
How did you order custom Lofgren? Just reach out to JL?

Patek

New in Town
How did you order custom Lofgren? Just reach out to JL?

Yup, just friended him on FB. He had two horse butt hides and he is making one pair of boots for himself and one for me. He asked me what I wanted and after some discussion, we went with engineer boots. There will be only two of these and he will have the other one.

Not sure how to upload pics here of the FCL. Looks like I need to host them first..

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Yup, just friended him on FB. He had two horse butt hides and he is making one pair of boots for himself and one for me. He asked me what I wanted and after some discussion, we went with engineer boots. There will be only two of these and he will have the other one.

Not sure how to upload pics here of the FCL. Looks like I need to host them first..
You don't need to host pics to upload. Just hit Reply, then Upload an Image, browse to the image on your computer, hit Upload and Post Reply.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up

So are they built and sizes per his normal boots or did you send measurements?
Cool either way.
Lofgren are super comfortable

Patek

New in Town
So are they built and sizes per his normal boots or did you send measurements?
Cool either way.
Lofgren are super comfortable

I don't want to derail this thread too much but I have two other pairs of JL (but not engineers). I worked with the fine folks at Standard and Strange to make sure I had the correct sizing for the engineers and then I ordered regular sized boots (11.5), no tracings or custom measurements. My feet a fairly regular though as I wear 11.5 in Edward Green, C&J, Whites, Alden etc.

Here are the hides he is working with.

Attachments

• 97423380_239801690608822_2359819357871144960_n.jpg
    97423380_239801690608822_2359819357871144960_n.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 2,054
Last edited:

Patek

New in Town
A couple fit pics, cross post for that other forum and a closeup of this crazy leather.

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_130708287_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200531_130708287_HDR.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 2,216
  • IMG_20200531_130719410_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200531_130719410_HDR.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 2,397
  • IMG_20200531_130847401_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200531_130847401_HDR.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 2,357
  • IMG_20200529_161752082.jpg
    IMG_20200529_161752082.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 2,146

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

I've noticed the same when I was looking for a good remake of the original type 2 denim jacket. Even LVC makes them longer nowadays. I eventually found a remake from levis Japan from the 90s which was short like the original. I guess it's because back in the days people wore high waist pants.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I've noticed the same when I was looking for a good remake of the original type 2 denim jacket. Even LVC makes them longer nowadays. I eventually found a remake from levis Japan from the 90s which was short like the original. I guess it's because back in the days people wore high waist pants.

That’s where I got my type 2 from as well, back length is 22.8 inches on a size 40. Had no idea LVC made them longer than original, I went with the 90’s Levis Japan jacket cause it was the cheapest and I wasn’t prepared paying LVC obscene amounts of money for a basic denim jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner