Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine Creek Leather

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
That’s where I got my type 2 from as well, back length is 22.8 inches on a size 40. Had no idea LVC made them longer than original, I went with the 90’s Levis Japan jacket cause it was the cheapest and I wasn’t prepared paying LVC obscene amounts of money for a basic denim jacket.
The Japanese jackets are less expensive but better quality if you ask me. Lvc produces their jackets in Turkey nowadays.

Patek

New in Town
what is that dark veins like on the hide?
nice fit on you, congrats

In the sun and under certain lighting, we can see almost tiger stripes in the hh. This I'm sure will make it patina much quicker to end up looking like this:
341e766d046e1c4aa422.jpeg

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars
Is there any reason to take FCL's Tyler in sheep before the 'the original' Corsair from LL?

I don't bother waiting a while, and I'm not a big fan of the whole (often) over-priced Japanese leather jackets trend. But if the sheep FCL is using is something much more nicer than LL's version - which is, imo, great hide anyways - that would settle the deal.

Any thoughts, or even first-hand experiences?

HarryLime

Familiar Face
Hey guys, my first post here.

Does anyone know the difference between the Eric and the Alonzo styles? I'm trying to figure out which jacket I want, and which size I'd be. Eric in 42 I think would be ideal for me, but I can't find it anywhere (and I'm well-versed in buying from Japan).

Coke20x

New in Town
Ok. After nearly two years since I had posted photos of the size 44 Leon lightweight, I'm back on here with the size higher.

From the previous fitting, many advised that the arm sleeve was too short, which I had agreed with. Shortly afterwards, I returned the jacket and ended up placing a pre-order for a size 46. Due to delays and covid- 19 and whatever other reasons, it is only know that I had received the new order 20 months later.

When I had received the jacket I was ecstatic however, since trying on I am somewhat uncertain as to how well its fitting and as to what I should expect with sizing and fit after it gets broken in. All of the measurements from 44 to 46 are slightly increased as they needed to be however, i was really surprised that the pit-to-pit sizing was not much wider. My measurement showed 22.25 across when I had been expecting something closer to 23 inches.

Is this jacket suppose to stretch and mold to my chest? Would it look and fit better down the road? OR should I return it whilst I still can. Even considering the chest size, just seems that the arms holes across the chest are closer together than I am used to for shirts... but perhaps this is intended to created the puckering effect that these FCL jackets are known for.

It's not an issue for me to lose 10 pounds, which would probably help would fit, but don't want to end up keeping something which I'd have to resell down the road if it didn't work out.

Feedback from the community would be very much appreciated.

Sorry that the pictures aren't that great. P1400735.jpg P1400734.jpg P1400732.jpg P1400733.jpg P1400730.jpg P1400724.jpg P1400727.jpg

marker2037

Practically Family
I think it looks like it fits in the chest, but it's up to you to determine whether it's comfortable or not. I'm not surprised that the armholes would be high and tight on a japanese brand. If you're going to lose 10 lbs and it's not constricting your chest and arm movements then keep it if you are happy with it.

Personally, I hate how long they make their jackets. IMO it just completely throws off the proportions of how this jacket is supposed to really look. BUT I understand that this is a fashion choice with many in the streetwear world so it is what it is.

Ok. After nearly two years since I had posted photos of the size 44 Leon lightweight, I'm back on here with the size higher.

From the previous fitting, many advised that the arm sleeve was too short, which I had agreed with. Shortly afterwards, I returned the jacket and ended up placing a pre-order for a size 46. Due to delays and covid- 19 and whatever other reasons, it is only know that I had received the new order 20 months later.

When I had received the jacket I was ecstatic however, since trying on I am somewhat uncertain as to how well its fitting and as to what I should expect with sizing and fit after it gets broken in. All of the measurements from 44 to 46 are slightly increased as they needed to be however, i was really surprised that the pit-to-pit sizing was not much wider. My measurement showed 22.25 across when I had been expecting something closer to 23 inches.

Is this jacket suppose to stretch and mold to my chest? Would it look and fit better down the road? OR should I return it whilst I still can. Even considering the chest size, just seems that the arms holes across the chest are closer together than I am used to for shirts... but perhaps this is intended to created the puckering effect that these FCL jackets are known for.

It's not an issue for me to lose 10 pounds, which would probably help would fit, but don't want to end up keeping something which I'd have to resell down the road if it didn't work out.

Sorry that the pictures aren't that great. View attachment 294571 View attachment 294572 View attachment 294573 View attachment 294574 View attachment 294575 View attachment 294576 View attachment 294577

Alright, so... First off, no, it won't stretch, that's for sure and if you find it tight / small / uncomfortable, not much is going to change down the road unless you really lose some weight - not saying you need to, of course 'cause you don't but since you mentioned you might go about losing a few lbs, I can tell you from personal experience it'll make a difference.

What's worrying me the most is that the sleeves are still a bit short, though. It's something that'd bother me. For that kinda money, I'd want this jacket to fit just right and while I don't mind shorter sleeves, these do seem to stand out as, well, too short. To me personally, at least.

Losing weight helps with that, too, though & surprisingly significantly at that.

Anyway, from what I'm seeing here on these photos, right now I would tell you to size up BUT I agree with what @marker2037 said, the jacket is already very long and any longer and it would look stupid for sure.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Sorry that the pictures aren't that great. View attachment 294571 View attachment 294572 View attachment 294573 View attachment 294574 View attachment 294575 View attachment 294576 View attachment 294577

Do you see this crease? This won't go away if you lose a few pounds. I think this is a combination of the chest being too tight and the shoulders being a bit too wide.
8CD7120B-AC1F-48CA-8823-8EF728A47BEB.jpeg

I hear the others, the jacket is way too long for its style. I also think the leather looks a bit flat, it lacks character. I'd send it back if I were you. There are better alternatives for less money. I'm thinking Field Leathers Manhattan in teacore Shinki.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Honestly i first thought The pictures were of the “before” jacket that had fit issues. That fit looks like a picture for website modeling not actual living.

Pandemic

One Too Many
It’s hard to tell where your natural waist is in those pics, but I think the length is ok. Take that with a grain of salt though - I do like my jackets a little longer than most folks.

The short sleeves and tight chest are bigger problems, IMO.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Looking at these pictures again, I really don’t understand how Fine Creek gets any business at all. They’re basically making badly fitting Perfecto clones for four times the money that Schott charges? Is there something to it that I don’t know?
I don't get it either. I guess the Japanese must really like it. As compared to Schott, the stitching looks neater and the leather looks more interesting in terms of graining. I'm not sure I like the teacore but thats just personal preference. What really dismisses their jackets for me personally
1) jackets are out proportion (too long)
2) those cut off epaulets and belts
3) the thin topcoat (the teacore leather looks like it's intended to loose the topcoat very quickly. Imo this is what 'overdoing it' looks like)

1)
827D1ADE-95A5-435B-8788-390C61E25F5C.jpeg

2)
E71D6BFA-0D5B-4265-8BB8-C580501E694F.jpeg
77677800-6D4B-45F2-919A-8BCCE3313DA4.jpeg

3)
1DD699E7-2BDB-41D7-B64C-3738066D9A2F.jpeg

Again, this is just my opinion. I guess the Japanese must love these attributes.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Mich486

One Too Many
Let’s not forget Fine Creek make a ton of other models not just the Perfecto with and w/o epaulettes. I mean the cut off epaulettes perfecto is a single model out of I don’t know 50 they make?...

I don’t like the elongated silhouette either but some people clearly do while I think the leather in the picture above looks spectacular after some aging. Also for the leather is not like they just use that one. They also have sheep and different kind of horse. For some reason western stockists have a lot of FC perfectos and not many others models so that creates a skewed perception of the brand. Have a look at their IG for a broader picture.

The op jacket is not a good fit as the sleeves are obviously too short. The rest seems ok if he likes his jackets that long. We see much worse fits imho.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I've said it before, but I really do not understand the popularity of Fine Creek. Even if you love Japanese jackets like I do, you have Freewheelers, RMC, Rainbow Country, Tenjin Works, and so many more.

Fine Creek patterns almost never look right on anyone while Freewheelers jackets look great on just about everyone aside from sleeve lengths in some cases. In fact, I've had Freewheelers jackets that were the wrong size on me that people said looked great on me.

Then you extend to non-Japanese makers and you have even more options that make Fine Creek more baffling to me.

@Coke20x The pattern looks off on the jacket as others have mentioned. I would not keep that jacket personally.

Mich486

One Too Many
Freewheelers patterns look great on just about everyone is a bold statement dude. They are pretty peculiar too with super long sleeves, wide shoulders and tiny chests. I mean I love Freewheelers jackets but... not sure they really are for everyone.

Edit: Just to be clear, I’m not saying FC are the best and probably will never own one due to the long body which I don’t like but they look pretty good to me (and to many others).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ