Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Aero purchase!

Hendrix

New in Town
Purchased my first Aero jacket last night, a great looking, used brown 1950's Half Belt lined in Royal Stewart. Initially I had some problems with email responses from Aero, but that turned out to be MY email account, not to do with Aero! So apologies on my behalf Aero! I cannot say enough about them. Rachel was a great help, and couldn't do enough for me. Fantastic to deal with!

I'm hoping the jacket will arrive in a week or so, and I'll post some pics! :D

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
And so it begins .... :)

I hope the jacket is all you hope for. Truly. 'Cos there's nothing quite like your first jacket ... Well done on taking the plunge. Methinks you won't regret it and be asking for your money back! ;)

HDRnR

A-List Customer
Here's a pic of some of the grain on my 50's HB.

IMG_20140121_132030_932.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hendrix

New in Town
Fantastic HDRnR. Thanks for sharing. A fine looking example. Mine seems to be custom, or an earlier example? No chest zipper pocket, and a really nice three arched yoke and buttoned cuffs. I'm really looking forward to it turning up.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I have a 50's in Cordovan, the hide is amazing.

My Bootlegger is a cordovan fqhh, really lovely. I've had the occasional tiny bit of colour transfer onto the neck of a white shirt, though that's very rare (only tends to happen if I wear it somewhere really hot, for long periods of time) and never been anything that didn't just wash out. The hide has taken on a superb appearance as it has aged.

Fantastic HDRnR. Thanks for sharing. A fine looking example. Mine seems to be custom, or an earlier example? No chest zipper pocket, and a really nice three arched yoke and buttoned cuffs. I'm really looking forward to it turning up.

Could be one of two things - a 30s Halfbelt, without the chest pocket, missold as a 50s, or a 50s less the chest pocket and plus the button cuffs and three-arched yoke of the 30s Halfbelt model. Either way, a great jacket.

HDRnR

A-List Customer
Yes, the Cordovan does bleed for a while. The worst i noticed was transferring into other lighter colored leather. Perfect example was sitting in my wife's car with a saddle interior resting my arm on the armrest, the cordovan bled right into it. After a getting wet a few times and general wear the bleeding stopped. I'm thinking about a 20's or 30's HB next in black.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
My next custom one is definitely going to be Bootlegger in cordovan. Perhaps with a Sunburst back. Maybe zip sleeves. Aaarrgghhh! *puts head in hands*

Edward

Bartender
Yes, the Cordovan does bleed for a while. The worst i noticed was transferring into other lighter colored leather. Perfect example was sitting in my wife's car with a saddle interior resting my arm on the armrest, the cordovan bled right into it. After a getting wet a few times and general wear the bleeding stopped. I'm thinking about a 20's or 30's HB next in black.

A black halfbelt is on my list. At one time I was gonig to go for a 30s, but as I already have that model in brown, I'm looking at something else now. Most likely a Speedster, but really I want to make a trip up there and try on a couple of options to see how they sit on me. Definitely something quite fitted, though - I've already got a black Highwayman.

My next custom one is definitely going to be Bootlegger in cordovan. Perhaps with a Sunburst back. Maybe zip sleeves. Aaarrgghhh! *puts head in hands*

Sunburst back! DO IT! It'll look fantastic. I've seen zip sleeves look great on a Bootlegger, though if you don't care for too much of a bike look, itg is a step towards the Perfecto style... Mine has 30s Halfbelt-style button cuffs (actually the leather-lined versions. Do think carefully about linings... the sleeves on my bootlegger are moleskin (which I believe was the standard in 2010 - I didn't ask for anything specific in that, at leasy), and they deginitely can be hotter than other jackets I have. Course, that also depends when you want to wear it. Glasgow in August, it'd be grand.... ;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Part of me fancies the strapped cuffs from the Sunburst, it'll come to me eventually. Not sure whether to go cotton or wool, though probably the latter - more flexible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael