Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Bash - Akubra Federation

bingle

New in Town
I recently purchased my first open crown hat, a brown Akubra Federation. Here's my attempt at a bash. What do you think?

IMG_4392.JPG

IMG_4393.JPG

IMG_4394.JPG

fatwoul

Practically Family
There's some kind of problem with those links, bingle:

<center>
Security Violation
The action you attempted is not permitted.

Back to the Gallery
</center>

Hurry up and fix that cos I want to see your fed. :D

EDIT: Where did I leave my manners? Welcome to FL.

fatwoul

Practically Family
Yep works now.

Bash looks great. Nice relaxed pinch at the front, and the brim size works well with your face, I think. Much better first attempt than my shameful effort!

What have you done with the crown? From the front it looks like maybe a diamond or telescope crown, but from the side it feels more like a centre dent.

Anyway, good job, and once again, welcome.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Terrific job! My guess is you'll be tempted to tighten the pinch in front. A lot of them start out like yours. Then you look at stills from the films and it just happens.

dean

apipeguy

One of the Regulars
I need a Akubra Fed!

My list grows & grows...Beautiful hat. Looks good you! Wear it with confidence!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Heckuva nice job, Bingle! I think the pinch looks great -- I'm not a big fan of the "sharp crease" look. Way to go!

Cheers,
JtL

fatwoul

Practically Family
jimmy the lid said:
Heckuva nice job, Bingle! I think the pinch looks great -- I'm not a big fan of the "sharp crease" look...

Personally, I am, but I'm glad someone has suggested to Bingle to hesitate over creasing tighter. It's a temptation in a lot of us, and while some of us are happy with the results, it's something that doesn't suit all hats/faces/styles.

I think Bingle's hat looks just right as it is.

Sharp creases probably don't suit my face at all, because they make a hat very angular. They usually suit someone with a similarly angular face. Mine isn't - its a wonky face with no chin - but I like the tight crease so much I leave it there.

I might try something a little looser in my Camptown.

EDIT: Still waiting to see the crown, Bingle!

bingle

New in Town
Thanks for all the encouraging words!

I had held off on making the pinch any tighter until I had decided whether I liked the look of the overall bash. I figured if the pinch was too tight I might have a problem getting it back out if I changed my mind. Now I may just leave it as is...

I don't have any pictures of the crown, but I'd say it was either a teardrop or a C crown (hard for me to know/tell the difference).

-- Rich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou