Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Leather - The Real McCoy's Buco J-100

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^^^ Yes. I just opened my closet and seriously, I must be mentally ill...

Mentally ill is right!!!

Juxtapose this:

ffbaacf8-2558-419f-a9e0-687a24cbc73d_zpsvqq6zx8t.jpg

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:a6403afdd7714d3ea88179f071597293-6NLNHiNwX-HSK1-298_634x447.jpg

with this:

Jackets4_zpsrfrzilid.jpg

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The list of deranged So Cal jacket addicts is growing:

Benj
HandyMike
Dudewuttheheck
Butte
Strokes
Nick
Superfluous

Any other So Cal residents care to take the First Step and admit that they have a problem?

"yet" being the key word ;)
The fact that you are on TFL means you show the "tendency "
One is never the stopping point.
It took me 5 jackets to get to the ONE. I slipped and bought another since "cause it was such a good deal"

Looks fantastic, Benj!!!

I'm happy to report that I'm down to two (three, counting the Schott 125 I gave to my girlfriend (four counting a CR I'm having made ATM)) jackets, and I intend to keep it so. Heck, I'd be happy with just one since I can't even decide when to switch from one to another. If my closet looked like that, I'd have a panic attack each time I would have to leave the house. I admire your style guys but for me, the less clothes, the better.

Benj

One of the Regulars
By the way, thanks for all the comments guys! I'm happy that it's starting to break in even though I haven't worn it a bunch yet. It gives me hope that, even with my weather, it won't take too long for it to really look awesome.

And it's funny, I always knew that I wouldn't have just one leather jacket. The other one that I've always wanted (since before I bought the buco) is essentially the Aero Highwayman (with a thicker waist panel) in russet Vicenza horsehide. But what's even funnier is that since buying the buco my desire to own another leather jacket has gone down. Even if I saw exactly what I wanted (which is unlikely, I'm extremely picky, reason why it took me over a year to decide which "buco" to get) I'm not sure I would buy it.

I participate a lot on another forum for denim, shirts, jewelry etc called superfuture, and I'm much more obsessed with denim than leather jackets. I've currently got a pair of Flat Head that I've been wearing for a year now and just don't want to stop wearing, I'm going to be bummed when they need repairs! I urge you to take a look at the flat head thread on said forum and see what an incredible pair of jeans looks like. It makes so much sense considering the love for leather jackets (high quality that beautifies with age), why not extend it to every single garment you own?

What I'm saying is I'm very happy that I'm not the kind of person who feels a desire to collect things (just not my style, nothing wrong with collectors), so I will enjoy the extra scratch in my pocket (repurposed towards other things, like finally getting a nice watch or necklace), and you guys can enjoy the evo updates that are all-too-rare on this forum ;)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
My solution is to move closer to the beach when I have enough money. If I lived in Huntington, I'd be able to wear my jackets a lot more!!!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
280.gif

Do we need a So Cal Leather Jacket Owners 12 Step Program? I know there are several others here who could probably benefit. Butte? Nick?

Meanwhile-In-Canada-161.jpg

tumblr_m9tztidrsr1qeablwo1_500.jpg

I'm just thankful it's finally cooling down here! I'm counting my blessings considering the hurricane that's bound for Mexico.

Have been wearing my jackets a wee bit. What this forum has done has made me want to move to Britain. Seems like that's the ideal jacket place. I can't look at the ANJ-4 or Irvin thread without going bonkers. Norway can't be bad either.

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
By the way, thanks for all the comments guys! I'm happy that it's starting to break in even though I haven't worn it a bunch yet. It gives me hope that, even with my weather, it won't take too long for it to really look awesome.

And it's funny, I always knew that I wouldn't have just one leather jacket. The other one that I've always wanted (since before I bought the buco) is essentially the Aero Highwayman (with a thicker waist panel) in russet Vicenza horsehide. But what's even funnier is that since buying the buco my desire to own another leather jacket has gone down. Even if I saw exactly what I wanted (which is unlikely, I'm extremely picky, reason why it took me over a year to decide which "buco" to get) I'm not sure I would buy it.

I participate a lot on another forum for denim, shirts, jewelry etc called superfuture, and I'm much more obsessed with denim than leather jackets. I've currently got a pair of Flat Head that I've been wearing for a year now and just don't want to stop wearing, I'm going to be bummed when they need repairs! I urge you to take a look at the flat head thread on said forum and see what an incredible pair of jeans looks like. It makes so much sense considering the love for leather jackets (high quality that beautifies with age), why not extend it to every single garment you own?

What I'm saying is I'm very happy that I'm not the kind of person who feels a desire to collect things (just not my style, nothing wrong with collectors), so I will enjoy the extra scratch in my pocket (repurposed towards other things, like finally getting a nice watch or necklace), and you guys can enjoy the evo updates that are all-too-rare on this forum ;)

Yeah I've seen you there and on the IH forums. I have some Momotaro, Kamikaze Attack 24oz, and Japan Blue jeans right now. Even have the N&F pomegranate jeans :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy