Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Time ebay Hat Purchase

ii-5-i

New in Town
Hi folks,

My compliments on a well conceived, informative site on hats. I've finally realized that a good looking hat on ones head actually lifts the spirit. I proved it to myself by treating myself to a Levine Hat Co. "Knox" fur felt, black porkpie. I love the look, feel and warmth of it. My enthusiasm has given me the push to bid and buy this grey Borsolino fedora on ebay ; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8352400186

I'd appreciate it if you could give me an idea of the vintage of this hat. As a newbie I have not a clue as to the value. As you can see, I paid $40. and figured if it fits and looks good it's worth every penny.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Rich Falcoff

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Hi Rich, and welcome to the Lounge! That's a nice Borsalino you won, and a really good price. It's a mid- to late-1940s hat. In larger sizes, these can go go for $100 to $200 dollars, but still a bargain compared to the price of a good modern hat. $40 is great!

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran