Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fishermen's sweaters site

Dav

One Too Many
I think it's a good thing to give a bit of support to the British wool industry, from what I've seen on Country File they need it.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I think it's a good thing to give a bit of support to the British wool industry, from what I've seen on Country File they need it.
Agreed. However it's good to see a bit of a trend back towards wool - and away from horrid fleeces!

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Agreed we should support the UK Wool industry, I wear alot of pullovers for work, leisure and around the house, keeps the gas/electric bills down. I always go for 100 per cent wool,, long sleeve and made in the UK. I recently ordered one of these Chunkies with a roll neck. Looking forward to it's arrival in view of the currant cold spell.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
The roll neck chunkie I ordered came today, it's excellent, looks and feels good and very good service from the supplier in Cornwall, many tks &rgds.

RobT

New in Town
The chunky black that I ordered arrived today. Very pleased with the quality, fit, service and price.

Edward

Bartender
Photographs, please, gentlemen! I am currently in Beijing and very much appreciating the cardies I picked up on the High Street before I left. A fellow can never have to many good sweaters for the depths of Winter, however, and so I am most interested in these as an option.

RobT

New in Town
Unfortunately, I have no means of taking a photograph at the moment. The pictures taken by Dav do the sweaters ample justice.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Hi Chaps,

My Herdwick Chunkie arrived today. Absolutely lovely, and a splendid service from Peter.

I'd been scoping these out for a while after stumbling across the site, and when I ordered a week or so ago Peter asked if I'd heard about it from the Fedora Lounge?! Bit of a coincidence, but then I'm not surprised you chaps already knew all about these great jumpers!

Anyway, mine is made out of natural undyed Herdwick wool which is a dark charcoal grey and a slightly coarse wool, but that's what I was after. I'd definitely buy another, and I'd be more than happy to recommend this lovely little company to anyone.

Ed - I'll get some photos up at some point!

Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
A quick picture of my chunkie,
Herdwick/Dorset Horn,
90% charcoal/10% bottle green
006-2.jpg

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Could you post a picture? I'd like to know what the roll-neck version looks like.

Good afternoon, I am sorry but I have no means of taking a photograph at the moment, but if you look at the picutures of the other guys in this thread with their round neck up to the chin you'll be about right, I am very pleased with mine especially in this very cold weather. I am thinking of getting another one in fact. rgds Steve

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
You seem a bit of a jumper enthusiast - if you can recommend some nice cardis too???

I don't wear cardis much, although Guernsey Knitwear do some cardigan versions in a number of colours: www.guernseyknitwear.co.uk
Yes, I am a bit of a jumper enthusiast (or sweater, for our friends across the Pond). I'll send you a PM.

Good afternoon, There is a company called woolovers based in Sussex, that do quite good cardigans as well as sweaters. I have bought a few items from them and plan getting a zipper wool cardi quite soon to add to my warderobe. Rgds Steve.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Good afternoon gentlemen, Belated Happy New Year! Well that's my new year resolution gone after about one month, to reduce my buying..!,

I have just ordered another chunkie from SWC, went for a black round neck this time. Rgds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21