Fishermen's sweaters site

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Ticklishchap, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Ticklishchap

Ticklishchap One Too Many

Once again, would be most intersted to know which colour you ordered. I shall be ordering a new one myself.

2. Ticklishchap

Very nice. I have one of these too.

3. Dav

Dav One Too Many

I went for a black chunky.

4. Ticklishchap

Excellent colour. Black is often underrated. I find myself rediscovering it, especially in knitwear - for example today I am wearing the black version of the wool commando sweater.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  5. Dav

Dav One Too Many

I'll try to post some photos when it arrives, if my camera can cope with all black that is.

6. BellyTank

BellyTank I'll Lock Up

That is exactly the required style, Mr. Beaumont.

B
    T

7. souwestchunkies

souwestchunkies New in Town

If you want to see a truely 'authentic' British brand, you need to have a look at Sou'West Chunkies. They only do one product, knitted Cornish Chunkies & Ganseys made from British wool.

If there was ever a brand I wanted to hug and nourish, it would be Sou'West Chunkies. They're not 'fun' or 'quirky' in the way Howies are. They're about blood, sweat, hard work and love.

Sou'West Chunkies are real people, you can tell from their Sweater models page that they've got their mates to pose for the pics.

SOU’WEST CHUNKIES do neither a brochure or catalogue, allowing us to produce Sweaters and Gansey's of the Highest Quality while keeping prices Low.

They are genuinely lo-fi. They have no advertising budget, or even a printed catalogue. Their website looks a bit crap but that's the point, this is a cottage industry.

I love how on their Sizes and Prices page it says: PS. DON'T LET THE PRICE PUT YOU OFF THESE ARE REAL QUALITY, and also Email me for Posting Abroad - it is not expensive! which is even better. This is a real person talking in their own voice, not some funhappycute voice made-up by a communications agency.

And to be honest, I think they are perfectly reasonable priced to pay from £20 for a handmade woolly jumper.
    Especially when you consider that the nearest equivalent from Howies (Bird Rock fleece) costs £80.

Would like to hear from anyone who has bought clothes from Howies or Sou'West Chunkies, and what you thought of them.

Links: www.souwestchunkies.com

WHO IS THE Ticklshchap????? peter SWC

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  8. Dav

Dav One Too Many

Hi peter welcome to the Flounge, I'm the chap who ordered a black 40"chest chunkie last week. Looking forward to receiving it especially now its got colder.

9. souwestchunkies

souwestchunkies New in Town

okayi have caught your sheep now just got to get their wool off, better keep out of fields when you get it or a sheep dog might 'round you up' and pen you
    peter

10. Geesie

Geesie Practically Family

What's typical turnaround time for these orders? I'm going to be moving soon and I don't want to get something delivered to the wrong address.

11. RobT

RobT New in Town

I have also ordered a black chunky. Judging by the cold weather we are experiencing in South West England, it cannot arrive too soon!

12. STEVIEBOY1

STEVIEBOY1 Practically Family

I just had a look at the sou'west chunkies site, amazed by their great prices, it's not a mis print is it? at those costs i may get a couple. I presume they re 100 per cent wool and not acrylic? Rgds Stevie

13. STEVIEBOY1

STEVIEBOY1 Practically Family

For a good selection of fisherman and othEr types of sweaters look at nauticalia website. I have been looking at their annaboda big swedish pullover and ecru & navy roll neck submariners jerseys. Rgds stevie

14. Dav

Dav One Too Many

I hope they are, the website states they are made from Cornish and Devon long wool breeds.

15. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

Great looking sweaters on the Sou'west site.

16. Dav

Dav One Too Many

Black Chunkie Arrived

The chunkie jumper that I ordered arrived today, it's lovely and warm. I'm very pleased with it, so much so I've ordered another one. Just the thing for this cold weather.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Dave E

Dave E One of the Regulars

Looks good! I'm going to have to jump in and get mysefl one, I think.

18. Ticklishchap

Very nice. Could ypou tell me what the exact colour is?

19. Dav

Dav One Too Many

I just asked for black.

20. Ticklishchap

That is what I have just ordered, seeing how nice it is on you. My others are green and dark brown. What colour is the other one you have ordered?