Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

PilotJens

One of the Regulars
Maybe something that the German WW2 jackets had ? A label that has blanks for .
Person who made it .
Inspector
Size
Just a thought.This jacket was made and inspected by Arfan Ali

marker2037

Practically Family
My "bootlegger" arrived!

I'll post some pics later as I'm still working. But some fast impressions:

1.) Tony's wild exhortations about the leather thickness had me really worried: would this thing be a suit of armour? I was relieved to get the jacket and realize it's just a heavy and above average thickness leather jacket. I actually already have a couple just as thick, I just didn't realize it was considered thick until now. Maybe Canadian jackets are sold thicker than others?...the Brooks Brothers CR I got off eBay feels comically thin by comparison, not jacketlike at all.

2.) It is stiff but my heavyweight Brave Star jacket is much worse. Just wearing this jacket a bit, it's already softening it up, I wish my denim jacket would.

3.) Colour and quality of leather feels really good. Smells nice.

4.) This is my first custom buy. I'm unsure about the fit, I hope you guys can give me some ideas for alterations. I know someone who can do it for cheap.
@ton312 is clearly just weak :rolleyes:

@ton312 is clearly just weak :rolleyes:
I hate to be a braggard BUT just to prove you wrong, I'm posting this totally unedited picture of me from the beach last summer...so...
Lee-Haney-Posing.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I am thinking about asking Shawn for a custom tag. One that is true to the language where the jacket is built. No descriptor, just this script on a leather tag. I feel ignorant for not knowing which language he speaks or writes natively. I think this at the neck, with nothing else, would be cool:

View attachment 343099 View attachment 343100

He will need to make a die (stamp) for it to burn or emboss onto leather. So there's probably the minimum quantity thing. But I am down for one. Urdu or Punjabi either is cool depends on what he prefers.

Right now he has this tag at the torso. When he replenish his current stock we can suggest him to change the wording to:
"Made with pride in Punjab", instead of just "Made in Pakistan". Kinda like "Made with pride in the USA" type of thing.

Made In Pakistan.jpg

This is what Aero uses as a tag at the torso. Wink Wink.

Aero Bleeding Label.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
It's their black premium goat. It's supposed to be 1.3mm but looks thicker than that.
without a doubt, after reading much feedback and my own personal experience, if I had to order another jacket, it would be black premium goat. Although the sheepskin that is used for the vest looks rather nice as well. Waiting on more data on the CXL stuff. Way too thick for my needs, but I have to admit the color variations and evolution looks promising.

Riu

Practically Family
without a doubt, after reading much feedback and my own personal experience, if I had to order another jacket, it would be black premium goat. Although the sheepskin that is used for the vest looks rather nice as well. Waiting on more data on the CXL stuff. Way too thick for my needs, but I have to admit the color variations and evolution looks promising.

I’m in the same position with the CXL, I want to give it some time and see if there will be any thinner versions ans waiting to see how it looks after some wear.

Wardo1974

A-List Customer
I'll post pics after I wear mine a bit. Right now it's in my air conditioned basement while I work, because if I wore it outside I'd get heat stroke - so meaningful break in won't happen for a while.

Wore mine inside for a couple hours each day this weekend. Top coat is very quick to show what’s underneath in wear areas. The body of the jacket is not surprisingly slow to yield. I’ve cinched the belts really tight to help the process along. The collar may never lay flat.

Have yet to hear from Shawn about how the 4oz black is coming along. I’ll probably send another message at the end of the week.
8E6C375F-8571-4655-A933-50F3AD645E21.jpeg
14C45628-08F1-4B93-84D0-9794D8D1CF61.jpeg

Wardo1974

A-List Customer
Wore mine inside for a couple hours each day this weekend. Top coat is very quick to show what’s underneath in wear areas. The body of the jacket is not surprisingly slow to yield. I’ve cinched the belts really tight to help the process along. The collar may never lay flat.

Have yet to hear from Shawn about how the 4oz black is coming along. I’ll probably send another message at the end of the week.
View attachment 343729 View attachment 343730

Looking really good. Mine is softening up just by sitting in a chair. How big are the biceps on yours?

I'm surprised you have it cinched so tight.

Looking really good. Mine is softening up just by sitting in a chair. How big are the biceps on yours?

I'm surprised you have it cinched so tight.
Yeah I went a little to generous with the waist/ HB area. That said I won’t keep them this tight, just trying to get the body of the jacket to soften. Arms are a little too trim at 8.5” and 7” at the elbow. I changed that spec for the next go round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto