Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

^^ collar is crazy good on this guy, that is a superb fit. Hope they give you the nice and grainy goatskin for this
The goat is superb!! I will certainly post better pics tomorrow. But I have to say, between this one and the first it’s no contest. Better fit, better hide, just better all around. So much so that I have mind to send Shawn some skin of my choosing and slay the Arcadia.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
My 50’s all weather repro arrived. I am exceedingly happy with it. Shawn nailed every single fit and design point right to the ground. I just opened the bag (still not a fan of that) and had to snap a pic. I’ll get better when the light returns. I’ll be wearing the absolute shit out of this.
View attachment 272963

DUDE!!!! This custom vintage jacket is the clincher for me. I gotta get a Five Star now!!! Real nice looking Ton. Waiting for your full photo shoot. How's the GOAT quality???? I know you went their thicker stuff :) and most Goat I have handled is thinner/lighter weight relative to Steer/Cow/Horse..... We all await your full report on this one. Looks great man.

DUDE!!!! This custom vintage jacket is the clincher for me. I gotta get a Five Star now!!! Real nice looking Ton. Waiting for your full photo shoot. How's the GOAT quality???? I know you went their thicker stuff :) and most Goat I have handled is thinner/lighter weight relative to Steer/Cow/Horse..... We all await your full report on this one. Looks great man.
I’m telling you man. I was thrilled when I put it on. I’ve been around this block and can tell you, that doesn’t happen all that often. I’ll give the jacket a full daylight pictorial review tomorrow. I really want to push it further with Shawn. I truly believe if you can convey all the detail clearly he can do as good a job as anybody else.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I’m telling you man. I was thrilled when I put it on. I’ve been around this block and can tell you, that doesn’t happen all that often. I’ll give the jacket a full daylight pictorial review tomorrow. I really want to push it further with Shawn. I truly believe if you can convey all the detail clearly he can do as good a job as anybody else.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows EXACTLY what you're sayin. Even when you base a purchase off of measurements of a jacket you have, you can't be sure of the fit. Not even when you unpack it and hold it up and look at it does it hit you if its spot on or not. Only when you slip it on...... and its just an instant feeling when you hit the nail on the head. Probably because you experience so many that DON'T that when one really does fit right---all things are right in the world!!!

I really appreciate you and Jonesy and Mr. Proper and all the guys pushing the envelope with Five Star. What you had made is exactly the kind of thing I really want to do: Get a Legit true vintage jacket remade FOR A REASONABLE PRICE!! Shawn is kicking out these jackets impressively quickly. Perhaps still a bit rough around the edges on some things but this is a real game changer. From what I can see and what you are reporting, the value proposition here is insane. And they can only improve going forward. I'm sure they will slowly increase their hide variety and quality and the shipping in boxes etc.

Congrats on that new piece!!! I'm sure you'll have another custom vintage remake in the works before Christmas. Badass man...... Gonna be cool tomorrow to see your photos.

Hobbes1

A-List Customer

Congratulations! That looks great. Looking forward to more pics and weight, too, please.
One great thing about 5* is that Shawn is putting these new designs on the website. We dont have to reinvent the wheel if we see something we like

Claybertrand

One Too Many

This is blowing my mind....... basically, Ton's jacket is off of Ebay photos in conjunction with detailed specs. SO, ALL those true vintage jackets in WAY too small sizes can be replicated with the right measurements and attention to detail!! Its a new world if this is the case..... I can't get the possibilities to stop buzzin........

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
The goat is superb!! I will certainly post better pics tomorrow. But I have to say, between this one and the first it’s no contest. Better fit, better hide, just better all around. So much so that I have mind to send Shawn some skin of my choosing and slay the Arcadia.

That's good to know that I ordered the best they have to offer with the premium seal goatskin lol and I'm sure they will nail the 3rd jacket even better

He DID nail that collar..... I don't know what kind of dimensional measurements were required to get that collar but DAMN.....

Right?! Thats just nicely done, no matter who/where made it. It looks quality and great job on the jacket maker/patterner and to Tony for giving details/instructions

JCSD

Practically Family
My 50’s all weather repro arrived. I am exceedingly happy with it. Shawn nailed every single fit and design point right to the ground. I just opened the bag (still not a fan of that) and had to snap a pic. I’ll get better when the light returns. I’ll be wearing the absolute shit out of this.
View attachment 272963
Perfection

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 272963
been taking a crash course in all the vintage jackets on these forums, so can't comment on authenticity, but regardless of my ignorance there, yeah, this one they did a great job for sure.

Re: the leathers. If I were to order anything else or anyone asked me for recommendation, based on the samples they sent me, Black Goat if you want the pebbled texture or Dark Brown (I guess Seal, but the label it said "dark brown") Goat if you want a smoother texture. I'm pretty sure those are the premium, not the semi veg tanned. Those are ok, but they're very stretchy. The seal steer I got on my jacket is very nice too. Has good grain, but not a lot of depth. And just from the couple times I tried it on, there's already a couple chips in it. So I guess if you're going for teacore, maybe a good option too.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 272963
Wow! This thing is absolutely amazing. This is definitely the best 5* jacket I've seen so far. Fit is spot on. This is so cool. Congrats.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 272963

Nice. Collar looks perfect. I may need to order that one.

I wonder he will use your specs in making it again or would he revert to his standard wider patterning? Would you mind posting measurements when you get a chance?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have been discussing this with Shawn recently

vintagemeet6-660x400.jpg

If it comes up as good as @ton312 , that would be great... speaking of which I would have expected you @ton312 to try an East West jacket already ;)

I have taken the general measurement of one of my jacket, but it seems that I need to be much more precise than the general measurements I send the usual makers here.

Then again, I am also disappointed in how things came out for @TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead. I wouldn't call this first world problems to be perfectly fair and honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy