Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

I think he did it. He cracked the code. 5 Star has entered a new level. I can’t wait to get my hands on this one. Biggest improvement to the design is moving the handwarmers closer to the main zip. This looks superb! Nice varied grain. Trimmed sleeves. Dying to get this one delivered!!!
B410FA92-A063-4771-ABCB-BF5EEEBA0C3B.jpeg
23C30575-1307-4553-AC14-C7A2A2F4C325.jpeg
C3AD2ABC-EAAD-4B7F-9149-C27EA36C0BC9.jpeg
74A9A6D0-152D-4CC9-90F8-1F5F6F39EC32.jpeg
0BB3E73F-DF89-4EB2-AA23-5A9C74C21062.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Rugby

One of the Regulars

Rugby

One of the Regulars
I don't know but I suspect around 3oz, maybe less...Shawn said it was a bit lighter than the blck steer I have pictured.
So to summarize the 5* ordering process, contact Sawn not by email (I've tried, no reply) but by whatsapp, if they respond, choose a jacket style, send detailed measurements (shoulder width, chest waist hip upper arm forearm and wrist circumference, arm length and back length)choose the material and hope for the best. Is this just about right?

So to summarize the 5* ordering process, contact Sawn not by email (I've tried, no reply) but by whatsapp, if they respond, choose a jacket style, send detailed measurements (shoulder width, chest waist hip upper arm forearm and wrist circumference, arm length and back length)choose the material and hope for the best. Is this just about right?
Seems that going through FB messanger is the best way to go about it these days. I originally sent Shawn ery detailed emails, many of the designs built his catalog. Now I just select from stock and send something like what you described:
0E0D3D54-0FD9-405D-B5A0-22B516308233.jpeg

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
I think he did it. He cracked the code. 5 Star has entered a new level. I can’t wait to get my hands on this one. Biggest improvement to the design is moving the handwarmers closer to the main zip. This looks superb! Nice varied grain. Trimmed sleeves. Dying to get this one delivered!!!
View attachment 406872 View attachment 406873 View attachment 406874 View attachment 406875 View attachment 406876
This HH looks great!! I have to say though, that black steer looks outstanding as well.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Can't wait to see the brown HH HB!

The new horsehide isn't thin. I would say average right at 3oz. It's gonna be a 5lb jacket.

Now things are getting through production that means my 2mm HH trucker should complete soon!

FB Messenger. This is the only way to get what you want from Shawn in a timely matter. He's on it everyday. I used to use email but that sucked and switched over to FB Messenger.

Anyone sending Shawn any more vintage jackets to copy recently?

Rugby

One of the Regulars

The new horsehide isn't thin. I would say average right at 3oz. It's gonna be a 5lb jacket.

Now things are getting through production that means my 2mm HH trucker should complete soon!

FB Messenger. This is the only way to get what you want from Shawn in a timely matter. He's on it everyday. I used to use email but that sucked and switched over to FB Messenger.

I'm looking to order a trucker in black HH, less than 2mm thick. It's way cheaper than JL. They're asking ~$1100 for a trucker with the Masaye German HH. When you receive yours would you please post some pictures?

Bahabp100

Practically Family

What Trucker style are you working? - Levi’s wrangler or Lee or something else . I have a wrangler spec’ed out from when the CHL was the rage but luckily I never ordered but I may have to revive it in Horse

Hh121

Banned
It's way cheaper than JL. They're asking ~$1100 for a trucker with the Masaye German HH
Two members have experienced the shrinkage of that leather and JL remade a jacket for them. $1100 probably includes the remake fees.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I'm looking to order a trucker in black HH, less than 2mm thick. It's way cheaper than JL. They're asking ~$1100 for a trucker with the Masaye German HH. When you receive yours would you please post some pictures?
What Trucker style are you working? - Levi’s wrangler or Lee or something else . I have a wrangler spec’ed out from when the CHL was the rage but luckily I never ordered but I may have to revive it in Horse

Shawn told me last sunday (so five days ago) that my 2mm horsehide trucker is going into production. It's just a regular Levis Type III that he has on his web store already.
I was behind Ton in the queue so now he's getting his HB that means mine isn't far behind.
Let me get the 2mm horsehide and report back. I happened to still have my monster CHL that was too stiff. So I can compare.
I think the best results with Shawn is when there is an actual vintage jacket to copy from. The CHP jacket I just got is by far the best 5Star jacket I've got. Period. Everything just feels right.
I am sourcing a Vintage Lee Storm rider to send to Shawn to copy in horsehide. Just haven't found one cheap enough, yet.

Rugby

One of the Regulars
Shawn told me last sunday (so five days ago) that my 2mm horsehide trucker is going into production. It's just a regular Levis Type III that he has on his web store already.
I was behind Ton in the queue so now he's getting his HB that means mine isn't far behind.
Let me get the 2mm horsehide and report back. I happened to still have my monster CHL that was too stiff. So I can compare.
I think the best results with Shawn is when there is an actual vintage jacket to copy from. The CHP jacket I just got is by far the best 5Star jacket I've got. Period. Everything just feels right.
I am sourcing a Vintage Lee Storm rider to send to Shawn to copy in horsehide. Just haven't found one cheap enough, yet.
Do you think that Shawn will be able to use pictures of an existing jacket, I have a wrangler trucker, to reproduce in HH?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Do you think that Shawn will be able to use pictures of an existing jacket, I have a wrangler trucker, to reproduce in HH?
He can do it. From pictures. Many members here have great success with fit just going off photos and tweaking dimensions.
BUT, copying from an actual vintage is the only way to do it, imo. It becomes something worthy than just a copy.
This was my experience after getting the CHP jacket. I am sure this is what his A2 customers felt with the actual vintage copies.
I used to source Horween leather to send to Shawn. But perhaps I've been doing it wrong. So switching gear to source vintage jackets for him to copy from this point on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy