Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For me, it's like this. Comfortably open, tightly closed.
1689140593702.jpeg
1689140602946.jpeg

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0XwmmKgqGuvV2rvJzjd0l-5wQ#Project_Cafe_Racer

I’m confused. @ton312 specced his 5.5” open. That suggests he plans to wear them open and they would be too tight closed.

Is there a correct way to wear jackets with zippered cuffs(I.e., open)? As I see it zippered cuffs appear on Moto jackets and should fit very tight closed and comfortably open. One wouldn’t wear them closed unless riding to keep air out.
You wear it the way you want to, there’s no right or wrong. I did spec the cuffs to be worn open on the smoke but they can be closed. I won’t close them though. I used my Vanson cuff measurements open and closed and sent those numbers to Shawn. Vanson cuffs generally zip down very tight.
5.5” open
IMG_7718.jpeg

4.5” closed:
IMG_7727.jpeg

I also spec’d the sleeve zipper length (6”).

Dyed the smoke cordo with mediocre result. I was hoping for more red. I should’ve worked the brown off further with acetone but the I could feel the brain cells dripping down my throat and bearded unicorns were swirling, fearing I might succumb to their perverse desires... I left a little too much of the original color.
As received:
IMG_7069.jpeg

Urad dark brown:
IMG_7208.jpeg

Stripped:
IMG_7944.jpeg

Fiebings Cordo plus resolene:
IMG_8039.jpeg

Done

Observe

One Too Many
I ordered this yesterday:

I made some special requests:
-Zippered chest pocket 1" lower
-No zippers on handwarmer pockets
-Please add left and right side internal pockets (horizontal, no zippers or buttons)
-please make the jacket with black waxed premium goat with consistent thickness
-please stitch jacket with black thread

Anyone have experience with this style? Anyone have suggestions for my requests? I didn't want to go full custom as the standard measurements seem to work for me.

Edit: I also requested the thickest skins possible and the lining be the black diamond quilted.

Last edited:
[/URL]

-Please add left and right side internal pockets (horizontal, no zippers or buttons)

Anyone have experience with this style? Anyone have suggestions for my requests? I didn't want to go full custom as the standard measurements seem to work for me.

Edit: I also requested the thickest skins possible and the lining be the black diamond quilted.
I would move the handwarmers 1-2” closer to the main zipper.

KBlake

One Too Many
[/URL][/URL]

Actually this is my design and it came out really nicely. My one issue is the size of the collar. It’s a bit too big for my taste.

I’ve gotten their quilted lining before and it was pretty cheap and started falling apart and shedding the fill immediately.
DCC3381A-DDDD-4C0F-8B3E-EDFA0E8455E2.jpeg

Observe

One Too Many
This collar is part of what makes this "simple" design interesting to me. ;)
I also like the big collar.
Actually this is my design and it came out really nicely. My one issue is the size of the collar. It’s a bit too big for my taste.

I’ve gotten their quilted lining before and it was pretty cheap and started falling apart and shedding the fill immediately.
View attachment 534967
I emailed again and asked for regular cotton twill. I assume that's fine?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
[/URL][/URL]

No quilted lining. It's not really quilted just looks like it. Cotton and flight jacket nylons are probably his best quality lining material.

Also, has anyone tried to ask for a custom black teacore goatskin from Shawn? Basically have him re-dye the veg tan goatskin (used for the flght jackets) with a black overdye at the factory before making it into a jacket. I think this would give the best leather result. Like this Bootleggers jacket in goat:

i-img1200x900-1683504569p2okyy220607.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn