Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Getting excited for this one. Symmetry looks good, front drop on target, hide looks nice. Actually looking at these pics I think this would make a pretty cool vest too. It’s a 30’s-40’s pattern, but I trimmed the measurements down on this one to give it that late 60’s, short Cabretta jacket feel.
F45F1915-B00B-46E6-B71F-409046EB1D43.jpeg
2101ECC8-2D9A-477F-B365-EC0B3CF0ABF5.jpeg
249B988C-13C6-4CD7-96E6-F886B26AAC88.jpeg

Riu

Practically Family
That looks great already! Is that a black or brown zipper?
The hide is russet steer but it does look dark! I always take the photos with a huge grain of salt when it comes to color. As far as the zipper tape goes I’m not sure, I only asked it be a Talon. The jacket will be lined in black cotton so either one is OK by me. That’s actually the only piece of hardware on the jacket. It’s a buckle-less Halfbelt. I also asked that Shawn use a leather tag, this to be precise:
EB05DF50-2074-4D86-BFD3-D6796B5F16D3.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The hide is russet steer but it does look dark! I always take the photos with a huge grain of salt when it comes to color. As far as the zipper tape goes I’m not sure, I only asked it be a Talon. The jacket will be lined in black cotton so either one is OK by me. That’s actually the only piece of hardware on the jacket. It’s a buckle-less Halfbelt. I also asked that Shawn use a leather tag, this to be precise:
View attachment 323743
I can hardly imagine that this should be a russet steer. I would surely ask immediately lol

Riu

Practically Family
View attachment 323743

I'm curious if that's a black Talon as he didn't have any Talon in black in the past and maybe he's got them now. I like the leather and that leather tag! I'll go for the 1.3 1.4mm goat this time and hoping is going to look good. Keep up updated as this looks really good.

giasty

New in Town
Hi everybody, I'm evaluating the possibility to ask to Shawn a jacket inspired from a "fashion" leather jacket I like. Something very clean and simple, lambskin, in a size that will be similar to an XXS. I don't have an idea, how much could it costs? How long could the entire process take?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi everybody, I'm evaluating the possibility to ask to Shawn a jacket inspired from a "fashion" leather jacket I like. Something very clean and simple, lambskin, in a size that will be similar to an XXS. I don't have an idea, how much could it costs? How long could the entire process take?

The easiest thing will be to send Shawn pictures and ask directly. I usually contact him via fb messenger. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008053320810

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider