Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
255365506_3069612269983854_6975902728763560404_n.jpg

@MrProper That's the Redish Brown / 22mm right?
@PilotJens Your Irvin is the Dark Brown / 22mm right? Or the Seal Brown / 22mm?

I think Shawn's photos has a purple tint to everything. Barney's his camera guy?

roadking04

Practically Family
Few notes:
1. Super range of movement because of the underarm gusset, provide much better mobility than Lost Worlds 4oz J23.
2. Shawn nailed every measurement of the jacket, again.
3. Some of the designs did not fulfil but it turns out good looking nonetheless.
4. I wish the mouton collar was thicker.
5. The jacket doesn't feel heavy at all when I put it on, weight distribution is perfect.
6. The jacket took 6 months to finish. 4 months to ship the hide to Shawn, and 2 months making it.

Well worth the wait double H. That hide is STUNNING. Just in time for serious winter wear. Hope to see much more of this jacket as it evolves. 6.5oz......amazing! I think you made the perfect choice with a denim lining. Should be able to handle anything you throw at it.

f2002q

One of the Regulars
Slightly off topic but how does one properly store away an Irvin (or any sheepskin) jacket for the summer? These jackets are too warm for 3 seasons. Do you put them in a breathable garment bag? Obviously use wide coat hangers, etc. Any other advice? I got asked by the financial approver here and I was stumbling for answers.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Slightly off topic but how does one properly store away an Irvin (or any sheepskin) jacket for the summer? These jackets are too warm for 3 seasons. Do you put them in a breathable garment bag? Obviously use wide coat hangers, etc. Any other advice? I got asked by the financial approver here and I was stumbling for answers.
I store mine lying down in a fabric storage box.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Just when I thought I got out of the Shearling itch you @MrProper pulled me back in with this jacket. Just awesome. It's like a half belt without the actual belt right? Like the Vanson Oxfords?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ