Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Eddiesuave

Familiar Face
Not the best pics but they do convey the fit. The wool reminds me of the last release of SJC’s wool sport jacket. It’s thin but very coarse. Sorry the low light pics don’t highlight some of the details better.
View attachment 545652 View attachment 545653 View attachment 545654 View attachment 545655
I really like it. The collar is my happy place. Shoulder to shoulder and NFG.
Looks amazing. You did exceptionally well on the sizing. How are the arm holes? Me and 5* are having some trouble getting them right.

KBlake

One Too Many
Time will tell! For me I wouldn’t want this as a liner. It’s far too dense and coarse. Would create an absolutely itchy oven inside a jacket. I’m not sure if it’s the same wool Shawn used for liners? If so I’d avoid it for that purpose. I swapped out the pull with an Olde tyme chain. Looks more the part. I can’t seem to get a decent pic of this jacket. Have to wait until the weather cooperates.
I’m really pleased with it overall, I think it will see quite a bit of wear so the durability issue will answered in short order!
View attachment 545945
I gotta figure out how to add the little chain puller like you did. Chefs kiss.

KBlake

One Too Many
figured if they fit just like lee or levis id just get them off the rack as those fit me well. But i'll prob go the custom route
As you learn more about clothes and specifically jackets you’ll wish you had gotten a better fitting jacket at no additional cost by taking the time to measure a jacket that fits you well and providing measurements. This is how they measure so measure like this and you’ll be happy with the result. These are measurement photos for my trucker and I’m 6ft 180lbs for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_3183.jpeg
    IMG_3183.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3184.jpeg
    IMG_3184.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3185.jpeg
    IMG_3185.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3186.jpeg
    IMG_3186.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3187.jpeg
    IMG_3187.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3188.jpeg
    IMG_3188.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3182.jpeg
    IMG_3182.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 123

MadCat

Familiar Face
As you learn more about clothes and specifically jackets you’ll wish you had gotten a better fitting jacket at no additional cost by taking the time to measure a jacket that fits you well and providing measurements. This is how they measure so measure like this and you’ll be happy with the result. These are measurement photos for my trucker and I’m 6ft 180lbs for reference.
What leather is that? Looks great!

TankPopper

New in Town
For my upcoming jacket - What's the best practice for armhole sizes?

I just measured my shoulder and it was 46 cm. Is an armhole of 52cm (26cm) too much?

I-Jusa-I

Familiar Face

Has anyone else tried the Cal copy from 5star yet?

I've been interested on a CHP type jacket for a while but I'm wondering how well they resize the patterns when its copied from a larger size jacket.

I'm also a bit of a fan of bi swing backs and wondering if it would be risky to try to add that on it when the pattern was copied from a Cal with no bi swing back?

Also, does the 5star steerhide topcoat feel "tacky", as in if you rub the leather on itself does it squeak?

Last edited:

Bahabp100

Practically Family
[/URL]

Has anyone else tried the Cal copy from 5star yet?

I've been interested on a CHP type jacket for a while but I'm wondering how well they resize the patterns when its copied from a larger size jacket.

I'm also a bit of a fan of bi swing backs and wondering if it would be risky to try to add that on it when the pattern was copied from a Cal with no bi swing back?

Also, does the 5star steerhide topcoat feel "tacky", as in if you rub the leather on itself does it squeak?
Yes this is a replica of a Cal I sent them to copy and it came out great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner