Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flaking Hatband

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ca81e343.jpg

:)

HATCO

Vendor
Hello all

To answer a few questions. The comfort sweatband was created in the mid 90's. It's a bonded leather backing with a thin fabric covering on the outside glued to it. It was created to help wick away moisture. It is quite popular with Cowboys, especially team ropers. Sometimes if the hat is worn intermittently the fabric will flake off. When this happens and we are contacted we are happy to replace the sweatband. If anything is wrong with a hat we ask that you contact the retailer first. If they are unable to rectify the situation whether to time passed, inability etc, we will fix it, provided it is a defect and not due to general wear and tear.

We can be contacted through our website or through this email address:
custserv@hat-co.com

If for some reason you do not get an answer please PM me. I check this board intermittently so please do not think I am ignoring you if you don't get an answer right away.

Regarding leather sweats, we have product price points we like to stick to and the price differential between some sweats and a roan leather sweat can be as high as a multiple of 10.

There would be a lot of confusion for our buyers if we offered the same royal quality hat with multiple price points. It would be quite hard having to explain that this royal quality hat has a roan leather sweat and embroidered lining and this one has a kangaroo leather sweat with a silk lining and this one is like the original Royal Quality with a satin lining. That being said any retailer can order hats how they like to a degree provided they order the required minimum. It would be up to them to educate their customers on why those particular hats cost more than the other retailers across town.

Thanks

HATCO

Vendor
Carlisle Blues said:
I am with you. I expect my other Gun Club to do the same. I will tell you something, James, this place is great. I was contacted due to my posting this thread......what a wonderful tool the Fedora Lounge is. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Stetson personnel were the ones who initiated contact I did not have to reach out to them.:)

I respectfully say you would have gotten the same result if you had contacted us. :)

The inference I draw from your post is that we would not correct the situation if you hadn't posted your problem, and thats just not true.:)

I have no trouble with people posting their problems or complaints about our hats here, and I encourage it, but this is not the proper channel to necessarily alert us to a defect and people are likely to be disappointed when they don't get an answer due to the sheer size of the forum and it's threads.

Thanks

Carlisle Blues

HATCO said:
I respectfully say you would have gotten the same result if you had contacted us. :)

The inference I draw from your post is that we would not correct the situation if you hadn't posted your problem, and thats just not true.:)

I have no trouble with people posting their problems or complaints about our hats here, and I encourage it, but this is not the proper channel to necessarily alert us to a defect and people are likely to be disappointed when they don't get an answer due to the sheer size of the forum and it's threads.

Thanks

Hardly, the last time this occurred Stetson corrected the problem with my other Gun Club. Indeed, I am actually very grateful to you for contacting me. Stetson has always provided excellent customer service and the fact that you without my prompting contacted me first exemplifies that level of professionalism !!.

Moreover, I was in close contact with then CEO of Stetson some years ago, his name is Pierre Bessez. He provided me with the el Presidente, which I simply could not ever part with. I now live in a part of the US where a hat of that style is not as functional. Mr. Bessez is a very kind and thoughtful mam. I like to think he also exemplified the gold standard of customer service you have in this instance.

In spite of being offered quite a but of money for the el Presidente I chose to keep the hat and have it reshaped. It is in that spirit that I continue to be a loyal customer to Stetson.

While I do expect that I will have a problem with my other Gun Club based on your explanation, should that occur I am sure it will be handled in the very professional way you have done with this matter.

IMG_0577.jpg
1114.jpg

After reshaping by Major Moore

Cheapjacket3.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Please CB, can I have that presidente?:p You kill me each time you post picutures of it!

or is it more like in my country: a "dictador" and it's stayin' in your noggin' power foreveeeeer?:eek: :p

HATCO

Vendor
I appreciate everything you said. I hope I didn't come off to harsh. I tend to fret over text as it can be interpreted different ways hence the smileys on my part.:)

That is quite the transformation of an el presidente. How stiff exactly is that hat? Did you recieve that hat from Mr. Bessez because of the previous sweatband problem? If so....:eek: wow.

Mr. Bessez is no longer with the company and is actually before my time...but wow...

Carlisle Blues

HATCO said:
I appreciate everything you said. I hope I didn't come off to harsh. I tend to fret over text as it can be interpreted different ways hence the smileys on my part.:)

That is quite the transformation of an el presidente. How stiff exactly is that hat? Did you recieve that hat from Mr. Bessez because of the previous sweatband problem? If so....:eek: wow.

Mr. Bessez is no longer with the company and is actually before my time...but wow...

No it was not a sweatband problem at all. Mr. Bessez had become aware of something I had done during my military service, expressed an interest therein and I then received the el Presidente.

RBH

Bartender
Carlisle Blues said:
Hardly, the last time this occurred Stetson corrected the problem with my other Gun Club. Indeed, I am actually very grateful to you for contacting me. Stetson has always provided excellent customer service and the fact that you without my prompting contacted me first exemplifies that level of professionalism !!.

Moreover, I was in close contact with then CEO of Stetson some years ago, his name is Pierre Bessez. He provided me with the el Presidente, which I simply could not ever part with. I now live in a part of the US where a hat of that style is not as functional. Mr. Bessez is a very kind and thoughtful mam. I like to think he also exemplified the gold standard of customer service you have in this instance.

In spite of being offered quite a but of money for the el Presidente I chose to keep the hat and have it reshaped. It is in that spirit that I continue to be a loyal customer to Stetson.

While I do expect that I will have a problem with my other Gun Club based on your explanation, should that occur I am sure it will be handled in the very professional way you have done with this matter.

IMG_0577.jpg
1114.jpg

After reshaping by Major Moore

Cheapjacket3.jpg
I got to see this one in person.
It is one sweet hat!!!
And it looks great on you!

Carlisle Blues

HATCO said:
understood. Quite the gift.... What color band is on it?

Believe me, Mr. Bessez was quite determined that I get this particular hat and he included the book "Stetson Hats 1865-1970 and The John B. Stetson Company". Therein lies the reason why I would never have given up that hat, his act of generosity coupled with his recognition for what occurred truly crystallizes how the strangers can be positively effected by the things we do in our life. I feel a great deal of pride when I wear that hat. :D

Black grosgrain...1 inch

HATCO said:
Regarding leather sweats, we have product price points we like to stick to and the price differential between some sweats and a roan leather sweat can be as high as a multiple of 10.

There would be a lot of confusion for our buyers if we offered the same royal quality hat with multiple price points. It would be quite hard having to explain that this royal quality hat has a roan leather sweat and embroidered lining and this one has a kangaroo leather sweat with a silk lining and this one is like the original Royal Quality with a satin lining. That being said any retailer can order hats how they like to a degree provided they order the required minimum. It would be up to them to educate their customers on why those particular hats cost more than the other retailers across town.

Thanks

That makes sense. Nothing really has changed in this regard since the 30s for Stetson. The more you paid the better the quality of hat you got. The accoutrements make all the difference. it still does make sense to keep the "farmer hat" quality around because they probably sell more than the top of the line Royal or Premier from back in the day.
I am positive the Roan Sweatband would cost much more. I have a few hats that Stetson made for Senator Edward Martin. They likely have roan sweatbands. :D Do you happen to still have records about custom hats like this?
Lastly, let me say thanks for putting the effort into checking here once in a while to answer our questions and to correct problems like CBs.

Carlisle Blues

I am happy to say that my Gun Club was repaired in the most courteous and professional manner facilitated by HATCO...
icon14.gif

The sweatband was replaced with Roan leather and was personalized...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

85830139.jpg

479952f0.jpg

95cb081f.jpg

033b9e61.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot