Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flaking Hatband

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wore this hat for the first time in a few months when I took it off little flakes of hatband stuck to my head. Ant ideas what to do. The last Stetson Gun Club this happened to I sent back to Stetson they gave me a new one.

This is a Stetson Gun Club.

95cfc680.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Looks like bonded leather. I don't think there's anything that can be done to fix it other than having it entirely replaced with a real leather sweatband.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I hope I didn't come across in my reply as insensitive. Mine was a primitive gut reaction. The same thing happens to me when confronted with surimi -

Carlisle Blues said:
I wore this hat for the first time in a few months when I took it off little flakes of hatband stuck to my head. Ant ideas what to do. The last Stetson Gun Club this happened to I sent back to Stetson they gave me a new one.

This is a Stetson Gun Club.

95cfc680.jpg

MAybe you could get Stetson to send you a new one since they have set precedent already. ;) :p Call them up.

Carlisle Blues

^^^

I believe they will do the right thing here this has happened with two Gun Clubs... I am sure my hats were not the only ones that this happened to..Thanks for your suggesttions.
icon14.gif
...:)

Carlisle Blues

jamespowers said:
What do they say when you call this to their attention? Is anything going to change in the future?
How long have you had said hat?

This is an exact quote: "From the looks of it, it is a comfort sweat band. Sometimes if those bands are worn intermittently as opposed to everyday they will start flaking... I'll put a genuine leather sweatband in there for you...."

I have had the hat for 5 years maybe...I hope they will change in the future..It goes in the mail in the morning...:)

Carlisle Blues said:
This is an exact quote: "From the looks of it, it is a comfort sweat band. Sometimes if those bands are worn intermittently as opposed to everyday they will start flaking... I'll put a genuine leather sweatband in there for you...."

I have had the hat for 5 years maybe...I hope they will change in the future..It goes in the mail in the morning...:)

So they expect you to wear that hat every day? :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:
A genuine leather sweatband should have been put in there in the first place. :rolleyes:

Carlisle Blues

jamespowers said:
So they expect you to wear that hat every day? :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:
A genuine leather sweatband should have been put in there in the first place. :rolleyes:

I am with you. I expect my other Gun Club to do the same. I will tell you something, James, this place is great. I was contacted due to my posting this thread......what a wonderful tool the Fedora Lounge is. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Stetson personnel were the ones who initiated contact I did not have to reach out to them.:)

Carlisle Blues said:
I am with you. I expect my other Gun Club to do the same. I will tell you something, James, this place is great. I was contacted due to my posting this thread......what a wonderful tool the Fedora Lounge is. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Stetson personnel were the ones who initiated contact I did not have to reach out to them.:)

I guess they were afraid of the scorn I would heap on them otherwise. ;) :p
I am glad they stand behind their products. It is good for business and good for hat wearers everywhere. They don't need to be discouraged in any way. Kudos to Stetson for fast action here. :eusa_clap

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues said:
I'll put a genuine leather sweatband in there for you...."

That's good news! I do like the lines on the hat. I saw you wearing it in the other thread and think it looks good on you.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Those Gun Clubs are my favorite hats in Stetson's recent offerings. They are obviously cutting corners with the laminated sweats. It's good to here that they are standing by their product though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner