Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flight Crews and Their A-2's

KENNYW

Familiar Face
Here's some more photo's I thought you might like to see!
Joynt2.jpg

wyat.jpg

books.jpg

Img0099.jpg

case.jpg

bombrdr2.jpg

Jake

One of the Regulars
Those are great pictures Kenny, thanks for sharing. Where do you get all those pics. you've been posting?....Jake

KENNYW

Familiar Face
Hi Jake,
Thanks,I really just Google or Yahoo search and come up with alot well most of these pics.There are many photos of WWII around.Check out this site
B24.NET
Ken
I hope you guy's like them,I'll keep finding and posting them!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Yes, exactly my thoughts.

scotrace said:
I like to see A-2 jackets in their natural habitat. And look! Not 5% are snug!

Most seem to be good fits. Only a couple with stretch marks.

I also noticed the variations in their service caps. They have subtle variations as a result of coming from different makers.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The art on that last plane looks unfinished - interesting!

Great jackets and a great reference. Snapped and unsnapped collars, zipped and unzipped, loose, snug, squared up and drooped shoulders. Just like we see many of the reproductions today being worn/produced.
The one modern feature one does not see among these jackets is a beer gut and extra chins. :)

Baggers

Practically Family
scotrace said:
...The one modern feature one does not see among these jackets is a beer gut and extra chins. :)

I don't know, that LT on the right in the last shot in the second group looks like he was working on one!lol

I also noticed that one of the images got flipped by the book publisher. You can easily tell by the squadron patches being on the wrong side.

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic