Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The M41 Field Jacket Review

TLW '90

Practically Family
This would definitely be a great lightweight everyday beater jacket if they were readily available for cheap on the surplus market today.
For me I used a 70's USN utility jacket my uncle gave me as a beater, that's what I wear in the fall at work then switch to an m65 from my dad in the winter.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Atthefront had an unlined version several years back and I had one for a few days. It had a prob with one shoulder, which I should have just fixed but didn't bother and thrifted it. Same outer shell but only a thin cotton lining instead of the wool, it would have been a great summer jacket.

Anyways, good video, thanks for posting! I will definitely watch more and subscribe and like.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I have one of those "summer" ATF M-41s with the same-cotton-as-exterior lining. It IS a really good summer jacket... although this year it's just been too warm for any kind of jacket around here, even at night.

ATF-M41b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR