Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fluteplayer07's Winter Sale

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
This thread will become my depository for items I need to sell off over the next couple of weeks. I can't guarantee how often I'll be posting additions to this page, but it's a few of the items I don't have the budget or room to keep any longer.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
First up is a 1950's Mossant, 7 1/8 Long Oval. It's a cool grey (think Art Fawcett's 'Steel'), in a very lightweight felt. Creased with a teardrop porkpie. The hat is liner-less, and instead sports a printed liner tip.

Unfortunately, the moths got on this one. Most of the damage is limited to the brim break, including a couple holes that go through, but nothing can be seen when it's worn.

2 1/4" overwelted brim, 3 1/2" crown as creased. The ribbon is 7/8", with a cool diagonal cut-off on the ends of the bow.

As usual, just click the picture for a larger view. The full album is here.

I'd like $70 plus shipping and Paypal fees for this one. Don't miss out on an unusual hat from Mossant, a brand that is hard enough to find on its own!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Next is a hip stingy Dobbs Challenger in an olive green. It's in near mint condition, and I've rarely worn it. The liner and felt is spotless, and there's no indentations in the felt besides its current center dent. Dates to about the 1960's, by Hat Corporation of America.

Size 7 1/8. Sports a 1 3/4" brim, 4 3/4" crown, and 2" ribbon.

I'm asking $60 plus shipping and Paypal fees because its in such great condition.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Thanks Alex. The Mossant is actually one of my favorite hats, but it doesn't fit me, and I really need the money.

This next item also kills me to sell, but its too small also.

It's a rich, dark burgundy patch pocket sport coat from the 50's, size 38R.
3 button, made from a heavy wool. Has a half lining.
There's no damage to speak of; no mothing or holes.

Don't let the color fool you. It's much darker than in the pictures, and looks great with tan or brown pants and an earth-toned tie. Doesn't get much more 50's than this, and in a rare color to boot.

Arms - Originally 24", maximum of 26.5", and I had them let out by about an inch.
Length - 29.5"
Shoulder - 18"
Chest - 21"
Overall, a size 38.

I'm reusing the pictures from the seller.
red50sjacket001.jpg

red50sjacket002.jpg

I'd like $30 plus shipping and Paypal fees.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Also, I'm considering trading my 40's Stratoliner (a medium brown) for any other type of thin ribbon, in silverbelly. A soft felt Open Road, another Stratoliner, a Stetson 25, etc. Anything in a clean silverbelly, 7 1/8. I'll post more pictures if anyone's interested, but this is just to gauge others' interest for now.

The hat is in good shape, other than the green corrosive gunk that has caked on to the back of the sweat near the reed casing.

P.S. -- If it's something really nice, I may even throw in some money, too! (Alan, are you listening? :D)

Cheers,

Last edited:

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Two vintage hatboxes for sale.

First is a (50's?) Stetson box with a Western panoramic on it. In good condition, no tears or structural damage; average shelf wear, a bend near the lip of the box, and some discoloration on the lid. Includes original insert.

16 1/2" x 15" x 8.5"

Next is a vintage Knox (50's?) with the company crest on it. Also good condition, no tears or structural damage; with average shelf wear, although the lid has two spots of discoloration. Also has the original insert.

15 1/2" x 13 1/4" x 7"

I'd like $40 for the Stetson, and $30 for the Knox, plus shipping and Paypal fees. Great boxes for decoration or use.

Cheers,

Last edited:

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Next is a hip stingy Dobbs Challenger in an olive green. It's in near mint condition, and I've rarely worn it. The liner and felt is spotless, and there's no indentations in the felt besides its current center dent. Dates to about the 1960's, by Hat Corporation of America.

Size 7 1/8. Sports a 1 3/4" brim, 4 3/4" crown, and 2" ribbon.

I'm asking $60 plus shipping and Paypal fees because its in such great condition.

Price drop: $50 plus S. & P.P.'s

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Also, I'm considering trading my 40's Stratoliner (a medium brown) for any other type of thin ribbon, in silverbelly. A soft felt Open Road, another Stratoliner, a Stetson 25, etc. Anything in a clean silverbelly, 7 1/8. I'll post more pictures if anyone's interested, but this is just to gauge others' interest for now.

The hat is in good shape, other than the green corrosive gunk that has caked on to the back of the sweat near the reed casing.

P.S. -- If it's something really nice, I may even throw in some money, too! (Alan, are you listening? :D)

Cheers,

Edit: I've changed my mind on this... I can't sell it. I like it too much, and I can live without buying another hat sooner than I could sell this one. Sorry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran