Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flying jackets from Pakistan

LtMehlich

New in Town
Hey Folks,

first of all, I'm Daniel from germany and I must say you guys have an awesome forum.

just a few seconds ago I found fairly cheap copies of A2 and G1 Jacket on ebay. In the description it says, they are from Pakistan:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aviator-...m=282863194067&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

From the fotos I think they look pretty good, especially considering the price. Do some of you maybe know anything about those Jackets? Are they any good?

Have a nice evening! :)

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
There's no way to know for sure. Some leather jacket makers on the cheap end produce decent, functional leather jackets in Pakistan. But whether this seller does, or is using images not belonging to them to represent their products, is tougher to say. That's unfortunately very common, and illegal, but not widely policed. You may not get what you were hoping for.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
They've got a feedback score of 21 and yet have 180 jackets for sale. Gosh.

The issue a lot of people have had with sellers like this is that the jackets pictured are rarely the actual jackets they are selling, often using images either from other eBay listings, stolen from a makers website or a film. This seller states the jacket is located in the UK, however they clearly aren't hence the three week shipping estimate shown for this jacket. The whole thing is just a little shady.

I did buy a leather jacket from a seller like this about 10 years ago, it did arrive and it wasn't a bad jacket as as such and was probably worth the £80 or whatever it cost. If you get lucky on fit and everything works out you may get cheap leather jacket but just don't expect it to be anything but a cheaply made jacket.

Last edited:

LtMehlich

New in Town
I asked them to send me other fotos of the jacket "in natura" but this was their reply:

Hello Daniel,

It looks good in the daylight also, please give your fit chest size and place your order. It is same in real also. I will grateful if you place your order.

Kind best regards
World Leather.

I'm not shure if I should try it... I mean, I could still send it back if it's bad quality (I don't have the money to afford another eastman, but want another A2 type jacket) :)

Flightengineer

Practically Family
If try to enlarge the image of zipper, it seems to me there is looks like WW2 Crown zipper slider, although in the description YKK, maybe l0fielectronic right that the photo is may be from another manufacturer and you can get at the end...something.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I'm not shure if I should try it... I mean, I could still send it back if it's bad quality (I don't have the money to afford another eastman, but want another A2 type jacket) :)

I guess that depends on what it will cost to send it back to them if you did decide to return.

There are a dozen or sellers using this same photo on eBay. Here is some feedback from a seller who has most of the same photos/jackets for sale as the one in your link, but who has been selling longer...

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay...=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

A lot of good feeback too, but also some bad. I suppose it depends on the jacket and what peoples expectations are.

CBI

One Too Many
agreed with many above - worried about photos not being THIER jackets.

Edward

Bartender
Pakistan has long been one of the major sources for leather jackets at the more affordable / budget end of the fashion market. Buying from an unknown maker on eBay is, however, risky - there are more than a few whose photos are actually stolen directly from the likes of Aero. One of them was actually trying to sell their own B3s a few months ago by using photos of me, stolen from this forum, wearing a Lost Worlds B3. Chances are good if you part with money for this you'll end up with something very cheap and nasty - especially at this price.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you've had an Eastman jacket I suspect you will be disappointed with one of these.

I'd either look at saving for a used Eastman or similar level A-2 or one of the well rated budget jackets purchased and reviewed by members here.

Years ago I made an eBay purchase of a new cheap leather jacket & have never been back down that road again (returned it too).

Monsoon

A-List Customer
Dude, save your money and get one from a reputable dealer/maker. You can't go wrong with Eastman or Aero, or if willing to deal with the wait time, guys like Diamond Dave or Goodwear.

It's false economy to get a jacket from one of the shady companies on Ebay.

Mich486

One Too Many
Definitely some of the photos are stolen from other makers. There is one I remember having seen it on the AVI leather website.

Don’t know about the purchase if you don’t expect much and want a beater I guess you could give it a shot but perhaps it would be wiser to keep wearing the Eastman and save for a while ;) easier said than done of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hello Daniel,
First off, welcome to FL! Appears you are passionate about guitars. Many others here are as well. Hope you can dive in and contribute, you'll find this a very welcoming place.

So I've owned a number of Pakistani produced leathers in the past. All have been durable and functional, if questionable about build quality. Only rather recently have I gotten into the better American and European brands. My personal take on this would be to encourage you to scour the forums here and look over ebay for used jackets, there are numbers of A2's listed most of the time, and that's just on this site. There's a decent US company named Cooper that has produced some nice Goatskin replicas of the original A2's, and these often go for around $100 - 150 USD. This could be a better bet than some of the un-known deals off ebay. Just my $.02 - good luck in your search!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Worst thing about this thread is now when I log in to ebay I get...

eebay.JPG

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto