Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Food Memories

ClothesHorse

Familiar Face
Fried Okra- Y'all are bringing back even more memories! Maybe the Farmer's Market will have some tomorrow!

Dutch- I bought a Rocket Pop for a friends 4 yr old last saturday--2 Bucks now! It's fun watching a kid get messy, sticky, and not have to clean him up! Your welcome Bobby!

Grandad always had a garden- green beans, corn, okra, new potatoes, and anything else that would grow in the sandy and dry Oklahoma soil. BigMama could sure cook it up!

The smell of a homegrown Honeydew Melon...Can't stand them myself, but they sure take me back to Roger Mills Co. OK.

CH

davestlouis

Practically Family
My worst childhood food memories involve braunschweiger sandwiches packed in my school lunch bag...that is the nastiest stuff imaginable. I actually bought a slice at a deli several years ago, just to be sure I didn't like it as an adult...I still don't like it.

Talbot

One Too Many
I remember eating a lot of spam as a kid. Crumbed spam, fried spam (always in the electric frypan), leftover cold fried spam sandwiches. Heck, it could even inspire a comedy sketch.

I bought some a while back in a fit of nostalgia. Couldn't even finish the first bite.

I think the reason we preferred it as kids so was it was more enjoyable than tongue, tripe and kidney.

Could not go past crumpets and cocoa as a Sunday night treat.

Talbot

Aorta

Familiar Face
I love the way my granny made apple pie, she baked and cooked so deliciously. Her stuffed chicken was also perfect, it was filled with lemons, rosmary and garlic (no stuffed chicken for me nowadays, I'm a vegetarian).

Her way of cooking was always simple, but oh so tasty. I think, it contributed a lot to my perception of food in general. I also like to keep things simple in the kitchen, but I care for good ingredients (organic and - if possible - local) and meals with a nice, surprising twist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR