Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foods that shouldn't be allowed in your house because you will eat it all

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I'm pretty bad with chinese shrimp snacks - not the white crackers, but the smaller ones that are longer. Once I start eating them I really can't stop. I blame the nasty msg!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm horrendous with biltong - there is a place back home in Auckland called Fred's Fine Foods which makes the best biltong/dried meat I've ever eaten. I'd buy bags and bags of the stuff and just can't stop munching it. Absolutely addictive!

I'm also very bad with cheese, cashews, pistachios and Arnott's Cheddar Shapes biscuits. Also buttered crumpets with honey have a tendency to disappear very quickly as well :essen:

Kimberly

Practically Family
Spitfire said:
I have this thing with olives.:D
And cheese:) :) :) - especially bluecheese, goatcheese and swiss/french ementhaler....no, any kind of cheese. Except lowfat, it tastes of nothing and feels like rubber.
The best cheese always have tiny little "teardrops" in the holes hen you carve it- then you know its good and tasty.

I too love cheese and have started eating those cheese snacks whenever I get the urge and I find I don't go overboard. Sargento has these new swiss and provelone cheese snacks that are fantastic and only 70 calories per serving so I dont fee at all guilty about eating them.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Fresh cheese or ham from the deli- that is usually finished in the first day back....We used to have to buy twice as much as we'd think we'd need otherwise we would finish it all in the car ride home.

Brooksie

One Too Many
I also have a weekness for cheese, goat, blue, brie, stillton, smoked gouda plus many others I am failing to mention. Other than that it is anything with coconut in it and I also LOVE pringles.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
I shop and stock my house by what I won't allow into it, for obvious reasons of course. If something bad for me is here, I will think about it until I consume it. (Except I think that's changing because I found half of a chocolate coookie I had been saving in a bag yesterday that was long since stale.) By not bringing junk into my house my diet remains much better, I get most of my vitamins from food, and then when I eat out I let myself really enjoy my meal, Amuse Bouche to Digestif. I've found the easiest place to control my nutrition is at the grocery store. If I don't buy it, I can't have it.

Things that can't possibly be here:
* Ice cream. No form of it, even low fat/sorbet/or yogurt. Too much sugar.
* Cake/cookies/pastries/pie. Once in a great while I'll bake something so long as I know mostly others will be consuming it. Or, I'll bake something and give it away.
* Chocolate. I'll eat all of it. Quickly. Chocolate croissants are the glory of the world alongside some coffee.
* Sugary cereals. Especially Lucky Charms. I've been known to eat an entire box of Lucky Charms. Now I just buy granola or Grape Nuts.
* Foie/Pate. Enough said.
* Anything loaded with preservatives or highly processed. My body just hates me if I eat these things, despite their manufactured deliciousness.
* Frozen Macaroni and Cheese. My downfall more than once.
* Lots of fruits or fruit products. Too. Much. Sugar.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
That's another one of mine Fourstarbanner which had slipped my mind.

I'll easily scoff a whole bowl without batting an eyelid.

They have another very moreish berry here called molte which I believe is cloudberry, and they are superb.

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
WELL

they're exactly like Cheetos
but they taste a little different. We had Cheetos here for a little while.

I could eat crisps for my nation, especially ones made from maize.

dnjan

One Too Many
Smithy said:
They have another very moreish berry here called molte which I believe is cloudberry, and they are superb.
Cloudberries have a very limited season, correct?

I say that gorging today on something that may not be available tomorrow is acceptable. (no guilt!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff