Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foods that shouldn't be allowed in your house because you will eat it all

Kimberly

Practically Family
What food do you love so much that it should never be allowed in your house because you have a hard time controlling your portions?

Currently for me, it's Sun Chips. Every time I go into the kitchen and am feeling a little hungry I grab a handful. I think I have eaten 1/2 the bag in two days! :rolleyes:

Another thing I just discovered and it is so good is Nutulla (I can't believe I haven't discovered it earlier :eek: ). I have been putting it on whole wheat bread, strawberries, banannas and even just with a spoon.

What foods do this to you? :D

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
joe-joes (like oreo's from trader joes). ice cream. chocolate. etc.

i have a hard time with any sort of sweet on my shelves. i'm good about not eating my housemates' stuff though! i am glad none of them buy much of it though, because then it sits on the shelf and taunts me!

i try to keep stuff around that i can eat a lot of, like celery, carrots, and whatever fruit is in season and cheap.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Last night, and tonight, everybody else ate donuts and icecream. It was soooo hard not to have any of either, but I did it.

-Viola

Kimberly

Practically Family
Shoo, I try and do the same but sometimes it's so hard. I remember buying cajun style pistachios from Trader Joes thinking they were healthy and I wound up eating the entire bag in 3 days! :D

The one fruit I can't ever get enough of are mangos. I buy a dozen a week at BJ's and have at least one a day.

Kimberly

Practically Family
Viola said:
Last night, and tonight, everybody else ate donuts and icecream. It was soooo hard not to have any of either, but I did it.

-Viola

Viola, when my family eats treats I always make myself something sweet but healthy like a natural peanut butter and All Fruit jelly on wheat toast. No it's not a donut, but it satisfies my sugar cravings.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
COOKIES. Any kind. Before I know it I'll have eaten half a bag :eek:

I never ever buy cookies. I just can't walk into the kitchen knowing that they are there and not grab 3 at a time.

And icing. I'll eat icing straight from the container :eek:

Peeps, too. Oh how I love the Peep.

I used to eat rice cakes with Nutella, anchovies, and squeeze icing. :eek:

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly said:
Viola, when my family eats treats I always make myself something sweet but healthy like a natural peanut butter and All Fruit jelly on wheat toast. No it's not a donut, but it satisfies my sugar cravings.

Yesterday I had Cheerios sprinkled on low-fat vanilla yogurt, which I figure has to be better than a Boston Creme washed down with butter pecan ice cream, right?

Tonight I just excused myself from the table.

-Viola

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Maj.Nick Danger said:
All at the same time!? :eek:

You bet! I'd spread Nutella on the rice cake, put a few anchovies on there, then top it off with a swirl of Cake-Mate squeeze icing! I don't know if I could eat such a contraption today....

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Nutter Butters and Haagen Daaz Baileys Irish ice cream(O.M.G. SO GOOD, seriously!:eek: ).

I eat at least a dozen of the former a day, and a couple of days ago I put away half a pint of the latter all by myself.:eek: :(

Viola

Call Me a Cab
See, I like Nutella, and I like anchovies... but...no. No, Amy Jeanne. That's just wrong. :eek:

-Viola

dnjan

One Too Many
Potato chips. Just plain potato chips.

One time at Costco, I casually mentioned to my wife "Oh look - they carry the single-serving size!" She went into a rant about all the wasted packaging, etc., until I interrupted her and explained that I ws referring to the 3-lb bag.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
dnjan said:
Potato chips. Just plain potato chips.

One time at Costco, I casually mentioned to my wife "Oh look - they carry the single-serving size!" She went into a rant about all the wasted packaging, etc., until I interrupted her and explained that I ws referring to the 3-lb bag.

i probably shouldn't even ask, but have you tried Kettle Chips?

mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Viola said:
See, I like Nutella, and I like anchovies... but...no. No, Amy Jeanne. That's just wrong. :eek:

-Viola

Sometimes I would put peanut butter on there, too. And then there were those few times I put a Peep on top :eek:

I'm not overweight, either. Amazing considering some of the junk I've ever eaten!

dnjan

One Too Many
When I was a kid, there was a brand called "perfect" that were even better than Jay's. I've had Kettle Chips (don't get me wrong - I could easily eat a pound or more at a sitting), but Tim's Cascade (regular) are the best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy