Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foods that shouldn't be allowed in your house because you will eat it all

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
dnjan said:
Cloudberries have a very limited season, correct?

I say that gorging today on something that may not be available tomorrow is acceptable. (no guilt!)

I don't think the season is terribly long, when I was living in Bod?? we were picking them for around 2 or so months.

They are very, very delicious and don't taste like any other kind of berry. They are especially good with cream in "moltekrem".

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
Its good to see fellow chocaholics responding to this thread. I always say make it chocolate and I'll make it gone, especially peanut M&M's. One handful is just the start and if there's a cold glass of milk to be had with it, I'm in heaven.
Also can't have one slice of German chocolate cake or hot pecan pie.
The saliva juices are flowing.

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
Things that I shouldn't have in the house, especially when I'm on prednisone (a steroid I have to take) are Fruit Loops and Fruity Pebbles. I ate an entire box of Fruit Loops in 2 days once when I was on a really high dose of prednisone!
:eek:fftopic:
ugh, i hate being on prednisone (sinus infection recently). i was wired on the inside and tired on the outside... what a miserable combination!

as for food i should stay away from: mint chocolate covered Oreos.
Smithy said:
I don't think the season is terribly long, when I was living in Bodø we were picking them for around 2 or so months.

They are very, very delicious and don't taste like any other kind of berry. They are especially good with cream in "moltekrem".
i like cloudberry jelly. a pal from Finland brought me a jar and i'm out already!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Speaking of mint chocolate chip. My favorite sundae of all time is one with mint chocolate chip and very hot fudge with whipped cream. I have not had one of those in ages. Sigh, I have been thinking of all kinds of no no foods for about a week now. I have to make sure I can fit into my dress for a wedding next week. I think after that I will have one....or two. :D

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Shouldn't be allowed in my home

-Caramel
-Pistachio ice-cream
-Dark chocolate filled with marzipan.........

I love these things, I can't give them up, as a matter of fact I gave up giving them up a long time ago. "Not in the middle of the day I tell myself now" lol lol :D

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
Kimberly said:
We have something similar here in the US what they are regular crackers. They are really good with hummas or peanut butter and not that high in calories. I would love to get my hands on the black ones as they sound yummy.

What I'm thinking of is more of a sweet cracker. They come in a brick (the sugar makes them stick together) and when you break them apart you're left with a thin piece about half the size of a pink eraser.

Brooksie

One Too Many
HadleyH said:
-Caramel
-Pistachio ice-cream
-Dark chocolate filled with marzipan.........

I love these things, I can't give them up, as a matter of fact I gave up giving them up a long time ago. "Not in the middle of the day I tell myself now" lol lol :D

Hadley, how about a Pistachio sundae with caramel topping, whip cream, nuts and a cherry? I used to eat those as a kid, that was my favorite ice cream from Baskin Robins - I loved the combo of the pistachio ice cream and the warm caramel topping. Mmm Mmm good!

LB

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Brooksie said:
Hadley, how about a Pistachio sundae with caramel topping, whip cream, nuts and a cherry? I used to eat those as a kid, that was my favorite ice cream from Baskin Robins - I loved the combo of the pistachio ice cream and the warm caramel topping. Mmm Mmm good!

LB

OMG-----OMG-----OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pistachio ice-cream with warm caramel topping
(regaining composure) Can I have a serving of that please?)

Brooksie

One Too Many
HadleyH said:
OMG-----OMG-----OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pistachio ice-cream with warm caramel topping
(regaining composure) Can I have a serving of that please?)

Thats what you will be thinking when you actually eat one of these sundae's, they are heaven! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!

LB

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Brooksie said:
Thats what you will be thinking when you actually eat one of these sundae's, they are heaven! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!

LB

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 1920s music + pistachio/caramel

What a heady combination :eusa_clap

that's what heaven must be like ;)

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Well, since I became diabetic, I've been much more self-limiting about binging on food (to the benefit of my waistline).

I've always liked dark chocolate, and now the darker, the less carbs it has. I go for 70% and up, but it does get too bitter fairly quickly.

I've also always liked the filing of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, so lately if I want to have that as a snack, I go for the "Big Cup" version, which has a higher filling to milk chocolate ratio - so slightly lower carb. I love Nutter Butters, but can only have, maximum, around 6 in a go now - I used to eat half a large package at a time, dipped in milk.

Brooksie

One Too Many
Chanfan said:
Well, since I became diabetic, I've been much more self-limiting about binging on food (to the benefit of my waistline).

I've always liked dark chocolate, and now the darker, the less carbs it has. I go for 70% and up, but it does get too bitter fairly quickly.

I've also always liked the filing of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, so lately if I want to have that as a snack, I go for the "Big Cup" version, which has a higher filling to milk chocolate ratio - so slightly lower carb. I love Nutter Butters, but can only have, maximum, around 6 in a go now - I used to eat half a large package at a time, dipped in milk.

I am actually hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) I gave up sweets about 10 years ago. Every now and then if my mom bakes a cake or a pie I will have 2 bites and that is it, that is my limit. However after reading through all of those posts I do have a distinct craving my favorite sundae as a kid: pistachio ice cream with carmel topping ... thanks to Hadley (I have to blame somebody LOL!). Thank God there are no Baskin Robins ice cream shops out here in the sticks where I live!!!

LB

Brooksie

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
But you've got better/worse (depending on perspective) right there--who needs B-R when ya can get Tillamook ice cream?:D

Oy... tell me about it the Tillamook Creamery/cheese factory is almost in my back yard (just 15 min. away in Tillamook and the closest Tillamook dairy is not even an 1/8th of a mile away) but I don't touch the stuff because if I got started on it - forget about it...just hook me up to an IV of the stuff ok! Then I would be in a diabetic coma in no time.

LB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR