Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

roadking04

Practically Family
I also got entry level selvedge w/ brave star. I just bought one to see how they fit me and if it fits great I might buy a couple more of their old stock denim for $68 (although you can't pick what you get)

A great company to start with. What weight did you start out with? I jumped in with the 21.5oz. They were very intimidating at first. They are starting to SLOWLY settle down. I ordered a pair of 15oz cone mills. Just got them this weekend, I think they will be a piece of cake. I think I have the denim bug. lol. I have some Iron Hearts in my sights, but man, the price.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
A great company to start with. What weight did you start out with? I jumped in with the 21.5oz. They were very intimidating at first. They are starting to SLOWLY settle down. I ordered a pair of 15oz cone mills. Just got them this weekend, I think they will be a piece of cake. I think I have the denim bug. lol. I have some Iron Hearts in my sights, but man, the price.

Same, I started out with the double black slim straight. I'm sure it will be very crisp, I had a 13oz denim jacket last year and that was stiff already. I'm probably getting a dark indigo soon. I agree with the iron hearts, I want to experience wearing one but it's so expensive it cost more than a redwing iron ranger lol

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Wesco Boss 7500 today with a brown duck chore coat (really digging it as a replacement for a blazer or sport coat)

FB56DB3F-78AA-4037-9A6A-454106834D4A.jpeg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
You are in for an experience. The heavyweight denim is no joke. Let us know what you think when you get them.

I'm sure it will be no joke. I'd rather start with a heavyweight and then get the lighter ones just so it's a step down in terms of stiffness. Hope to get the jeans later in the week

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I do like Nicks or Whites but I'm not too sure on their sizing. those loggers do look like it will take abuse and be sturdy about it

Here you go - https://nicksboots.com/resources/sizing-guide/

You have all kinds of dealer's close to you. We have none in the Midwest.

Snow? Well, it keeps on snowing. We're used to it. Sunday morning it was only -11F / -24C. Oddly it was not windy. Usually in the Midwest when it's below 0F the wind also has to be blowing too. So that was nice that it was not. Salt does not melt ice & snow very well under 0F. Finally used 4WD in the truck this evening coming back from they gym, first time in a few weeks that it was helpful.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Here you go - https://nicksboots.com/resources/sizing-guide/

You have all kinds of dealer's close to you. We have none in the Midwest.

Snow? Well, it keeps on snowing. We're used to it. Sunday morning it was only -11F / -24C. Oddly it was not windy. Usually in the Midwest when it's below 0F the wind also has to be blowing too. So that was nice that it was not. Salt does not melt ice & snow very well under 0F. Finally used 4WD in the truck this evening coming back from they gym, first time in a few weeks that it was helpful.

There's no nicks close to me but I'll look them up. I know my Truman boot size and I can always get a waxed rough out w/ commando soles from them so I don't have to 2nd guess myself but I have plenty of service boots already. So those nicks loggers might be the way to go just so I can try a slightly different style.

It was only -11F you say lol I probably would have just stayed indoors for the whole winter then! Man that's so cold!

Psant25

One Too Many
There's no nicks close to me but I'll look them up. I know my Truman boot size and I can always get a waxed rough out w/ commando soles from them so I don't have to 2nd guess myself but I have plenty of service boots already. So those nicks loggers might be the way to go just so I can try a slightly different style.

It was only -11F you say lol I probably would have just stayed indoors for the whole winter then! Man that's so cold!
Little nippy here too was like -30 something F with windchill the other week. Kinda cold letting my dogs out. Had to train them to poop in the drive way lol otherwise a few steps in the snow their feet would freeze up and they would be limping back inside.

Fonzie

One Too Many
W
Little nippy here too was like -30 something F with windchill the other week. Kinda cold letting my dogs out. Had to train them to poop in the drive way lol otherwise a few steps in the snow their feet would freeze up and they would be limping back inside.
Wow! That’s -34 Celsius, I can’t even comprehend that cold.o_O
Where do you live? :eek:

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

Oh my Green Bay in winter is just a different world away. I'm sure that will make someone be a pro with layering for warmth. The dog training is different too lol it's not just tricks but for survival.

Spiney

One of the Regulars
Anyone had experience with the Timberland American Craft boots ? I’ve been wearing regular 6 inch boots for decades and never had any issues with them. These look a lot like Red Wing etc ( moc toe ). Heavily discounted here in England at the moment.

Edward

Bartender

I remember seeing originals on sale in our army surplus hangout in Belfast back in the eighties; must have been around the time there was a whole slew of Vietnam pictures in the cinema and - for kids who were born after it and for whom it had no cultural resonance other than a 'cinema' war - it had a weird sort of dystopian glamour... Back then you could buy an original issued or sometimes even never-issued surplus - M65 or MA1 in original green or over-dyed black for just £25.... those were the days! I did later have a pair of Magnums. Practical boots, if not my aesthetic now. The M66 Jungle boots having cotton panel will make them much 'cooler' to wear in Summer.

Best way ever to break in bootws - go hiking - especially where Angus roam free.
Dunno about that... I went on my Silver Duke of Edinburgh's hike with new boots bought three days before and worn round the house. Feet were like two raw steaks by the end of day one; our assessor was impressed I made it to the end of day 3 and competed the hike. Not made that mistake since!

Allen Edmonds Normandy boots. I really love the kudu. If only I could transplant this style onto a White’s last.

Worn yesterday with my Aero Type III.

View attachment 308454 View attachment 308459

Lovely depth to the colour on those.

Wesco Boss 7500 today with a brown duck chore coat (really digging it as a replacement for a blazer or sport coat)

View attachment 308536

It's a great look, nice alternative to a leather jacket with a collar and tie when you want something more casual but still want to wear a tie.

Sagara Cordmaster (monkey boot)olive badalassi with black overdye

View attachment 309375

View attachment 309374

View attachment 309376

These are great. I love lace to toe boots. Didn't care for them way back, then I fell in with a pair of black ones from CAT on eBay for cheap, and they became real favourites. These look superb. I'm keen on more when I clear out my surplus footwear, though it's not as easy a style as some to find right now.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I remember seeing originals on sale in our army surplus hangout in Belfast back in the eighties; must have been around the time there was a whole slew of Vietnam pictures in the cinema and - for kids who were born after it and for whom it had no cultural resonance other than a 'cinema' war - it had a weird sort of dystopian glamour... Back then you could buy an original issued or sometimes even never-issued surplus - M65 or MA1 in original green or over-dyed black for just £25.... those were the days! I did later have a pair of Magnums. Practical boots, if not my aesthetic now. The M66 Jungle boots having cotton panel will make them much 'cooler' to wear in Summer.

Dunno about that... I went on my Silver Duke of Edinburgh's hike with new boots bought three days before and worn round the house. Feet were like two raw steaks by the end of day one; our assessor was impressed I made it to the end of day 3 and competed the hike. Not made that mistake since!

It's a great look, nice alternative to a leather jacket with a collar and tie when you want something more casual but still want to wear a tie.

These are great. I love lace to toe boots. Didn't care for them way back, then I fell in with a pair of black ones from CAT on eBay for cheap, and they became real favourites. These look superb. I'm keen on more when I clear out my surplus footwear, though it's not as easy a style as some to find right now.

Trying to break in those Jungle boots..pig of a job..they are the right size & fit but between the stiff leather and canvas I’m blister city at the moment. Boots (the chemist) are making money off of me right now by way of plasters...

Spiney

One of the Regulars
Trying to break in those Jungle boots..pig of a job..they are the right size & fit but between the stiff leather and canvas I’m blister city at the moment. Boots (the chemist) are making money off of me right now by way of plasters...

i had a pair , years ago. Wore them to my bricklaying course. They nearly crippled me.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
i had a pair , years ago. Wore them to my bricklaying course. They nearly crippled me.

Any tips for breaking in? Using leather boot ‘stretching’ spray & have conditioned the leather. So far have walked about 12 miles mixed terrain in them over 3 days. One boot is starting to feel more relaxed, wish it’s brother would follow suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko