Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cap toed Derbys to go with the G4...

full

full

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Flame Panda boots in hand dyed natural Italian veg tan. Really nice boots that fit perfectly. Took about 5 months longer than quoted but it seems that his popularity has exploded over the past year.

View attachment 352734 View attachment 352735 View attachment 352736 View attachment 352737

Congrats on finally getting these. The dye job on that looks immaculate and the grains on that leather is so fine, very expertly made and the fact that it's a perfect fit just makes it even better.

andyone

A-List Customer

andyone

A-List Customer
Today, I was able to collect this Engineer boots from @Mich486 :
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...made-by-attractions-us-9-fit-us9-5-10.104783/

Fit pic on the balcony:

41800664be.jpeg

41800665mj.jpeg

41800666wc.jpeg

41800668yt.jpeg

It was a pain to slip in - I had to wear very thin socks and use the plastic bag method. This is due to my high instep. But I managed to slip into it. I am sure I wouldn't have been able to slip in if they hadn't been stretched out a bit by @Mich486 . He just told he wore the boots maybe 12x but without that I dont' know if it had worked for me.

Once slipped in, the fit is perfect! Snug, but good. As I am newby in Engineer boots I made an amazing experience: they feel completely different compared to my Keystones. They are much lighter in weight, nearly none heel slip - feels more like a laced boot. I am sure when they are mold to my feet this are super nice to wear the whole day! Not to say my keystone are not but the experience is really different! also the woodman heel feels flater...

conclusion for myself: get more Engineer boots to experience the differences...

andyone

A-List Customer
@jglf @andyone those flame pandas look incredible! He really has exploded in popularity, plus I believe he needed to move his shop a few months back so I think that was part of the delay as well. His work is incredible.
He wrote me about moving his shop. For me the delay was ok, knowing that I'll get a wonderful pair of boots - I am happy with both boots from him. And the belt he sent with is a nice giveaway!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Wow, those are nice!

Mine took 4 month longer than quoted - well worth the wait...
Leather is Maryam black horsebutt. Pics are crap :cool:
41796747wk.jpeg

41796748qb.jpeg

41796749lw.jpeg

Love the black Maryam horse butt, they look so nice. The upper with the contrast stitching looks so nice. Nice belt too lol I am 6 months in for my wait for my pair so with I should possibly get mine by the end of the year with how the current production time is delayed by 4-5 months,

Today, I was able to collect this Engineer boots from @Mich486 :
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...made-by-attractions-us-9-fit-us9-5-10.104783/

Fit pic on the balcony:

41800664be.jpeg

41800665mj.jpeg

41800666wc.jpeg

41800668yt.jpeg

It was a pain to slip in - I had to wear very thin socks and use the plastic bag method. This is due to my high instep. But I managed to slip into it. I am sure I wouldn't have been able to slip in if they hadn't been stretched out a bit by @Mich486 . He just told he wore the boots maybe 12x but without that I dont' know if it had worked for me.

Once slipped in, the fit is perfect! Snug, but good. As I am newby in Engineer boots I made an amazing experience: they feel completely different compared to my Keystones. They are much lighter in weight, nearly none heel slip - feels more like a laced boot. I am sure when they are mold to my feet this are super nice to wear the whole day! Not to say my keystone are not but the experience is really different! also the woodman heel feels flater...

conclusion for myself: get more Engineer boots to experience the differences...

You have been on a winning streak. Congrats on the attractions, so awesome that they fit perfectly too. Now for a brown one?

Edward

Bartender

These are nice. An interesting alternative to something like a pair of Indy boots if you want that general vibe but aren't looking for the very specific details of the Indy look. Don't have any Trickers currently, but got my eye on a pair once I clear out a lot of my current footwear. Not cheap, but definitely worth it.

I wear these Sendras pretty much every day.

20210809-105815.jpg

20210809-105828.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of this sort of boot around at the minute. Bit of a Western feel, but as a subtle nod without going "full cowboy". Put me in mind of nothing more than the sort of stuff Bob Dylan was wearing in an around when he went electric - 66ish. Something like this is definitely under consideration for me for a Winter 'flying boot' when "normality" resumes. I do much of my flying in warmer weather and usually wear penny loafers for convenience through airports. Come Winter and flying to places like Belfast, though, the loafers can leave a mean draft round the ankles as soon as you leave the terminal, not to mention they have their limits wearing at destination at that time of year. A pair of shorter, zip-sided boots like these is likely in my future.

Wow, those are nice!

Mine took 4 month longer than quoted - well worth the wait...
Leather is Maryam black horsebutt. Pics are crap :cool:
41796747wk.jpeg

41796748qb.jpeg

41796749lw.jpeg

This is a design that really reflects what I love most in lace-up, vintage style work boots. Rugged, able to take "real" wear, and yet at the same time if you keep these shined-up, they could be worn for "best" in a pinch too. A flexibility not always seen in modern footwear designs, from a time when a working man might only have had one pair of boots and so needed them to be suitable for all occasions.

Nice to see craftsmen producing such beautiful work in the Far East getting their due recognition, too, after all the years of people dismissing Far Eastern manufacture as inherently poor quality (not so much round here, but Out There there's still an awful lot of prejudice about FE manufacture).

Custom William Lennon fell boots in production….. View attachment 352925

Big fan of my WLs. Again, once I've cleared out a lot of stuff I have my eye on a pair of those. I'm leaning towards the idea of a pair of cap-toed boots similar to the US Army WW2 standard issue boot (early war), in oxblood, and ideally with a smoother toe and heel cap, and grained body.

Is that bright orange the final colour, or a particular stage of dying?

Yeah he's very honest about everything which helps as well. He's a nice dude.

It's amazing how often simple communication makes all the difference in business.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
These are nice. An interesting alternative to something like a pair of Indy boots if you want that general vibe but aren't looking for the very specific details of the Indy look. Don't have any Trickers currently, but got my eye on a pair once I clear out a lot of my current footwear. Not cheap, but definitely worth it.

I'm seeing a lot of this sort of boot around at the minute. Bit of a Western feel, but as a subtle nod without going "full cowboy". Put me in mind of nothing more than the sort of stuff Bob Dylan was wearing in an around when he went electric - 66ish. Something like this is definitely under consideration for me for a Winter 'flying boot' when "normality" resumes. I do much of my flying in warmer weather and usually wear penny loafers for convenience through airports. Come Winter and flying to places like Belfast, though, the loafers can leave a mean draft round the ankles as soon as you leave the terminal, not to mention they have their limits wearing at destination at that time of year. A pair of shorter, zip-sided boots like these is likely in my future.

This is a design that really reflects what I love most in lace-up, vintage style work boots. Rugged, able to take "real" wear, and yet at the same time if you keep these shined-up, they could be worn for "best" in a pinch too. A flexibility not always seen in modern footwear designs, from a time when a working man might only have had one pair of boots and so needed them to be suitable for all occasions.

Nice to see craftsmen producing such beautiful work in the Far East getting their due recognition, too, after all the years of people dismissing Far Eastern manufacture as inherently poor quality (not so much round here, but Out There there's still an awful lot of prejudice about FE manufacture).

Big fan of my WLs. Again, once I've cleared out a lot of stuff I have my eye on a pair of those. I'm leaning towards the idea of a pair of cap-toed boots similar to the US Army WW2 standard issue boot (early war), in oxblood, and ideally with a smoother toe and heel cap, and grained body.

It's amazing how often simple communication makes all the difference in business.
The kudu is a v nice leather on these - it works v well with the tobacco badalassi jacket, with a similar depth of colour (impos

The kudu is a v nice leather on these - it works v well with the tobacco badalassi jacket, with a similar depth of colour (but impossible to capture in the photos). The WM Lennon boots in orange are indeed the final colour - will post some shots next month when they are finished….the other pair of boots are in yellow, but rather more subdued!

This has always been my favorite type of boot, aside from Harness which I'm still a big fan of and find them essential footwear in my wardrobe; Just that it took me a while to figure out exactly what I want out of my zip-up boot. Plus they've been neglected for quite a while now and the only way you could've landed a nice pair was to go vintage. They're definitely the most rock-star boot you can get, without going full on country western.

Harness or indeed any other full length boot is a bit too much for casual wear and as much as I love them, getting them on is sometimes a chore and they force you to pretty much forget about skinny jeans - Or you have to wear them over the jeans and that's apparently frowned upon.

In any case, you should get a pair. They're easy to wear, easy to put on & take off, no bother with stupid laces (which I hate!) and they look cool.

I think Bob Dylan wore the Beatle boots, though.

Edward

Bartender
This has always been my favorite type of boot, aside from Harness which I'm still a big fan of and find them essential footwear in my wardrobe; Just that it took me a while to figure out exactly what I want out of my zip-up boot. Plus they've been neglected for quite a while now and the only way you could've landed a nice pair was to go vintage. They're definitely the most rock-star boot you can get, without going full on country western.

Harness or indeed any other full length boot is a bit too much for casual wear and as much as I love them, getting them on is sometimes a chore and they force you to pretty much forget about skinny jeans - Or you have to wear them over the jeans and that's apparently frowned upon.

In any case, you should get a pair. They're easy to wear, easy to put on & take off, no bother with stupid laces (which I hate!) and they look cool.

I think Bob Dylan wore the Beatle boots, though.

Dylan did go through a phase around 67/68 where he wanted to be the Beatles, and they wanted to be him. Nowhere Man era.

I used to wear my Grinders engineers over the top of drainpipes, Sid Vicious style, though I now like my denims wide enough that it'd likely be impossible to tuck them into boots. I have flown in engineers, but it was a massive pain in the bum taking them on and off, especially as I always undo both buckles (at least to get 'em back on). Keeping an eye out for something like those Sendras, perhaps with a rounder toe, though not in a hurry as I'm unlikely to fly anywhere this side of 2022, especially if there's an Autumn lockdown, which I'm not ruling out yet. Side-zips are something I was never keen on until I started to look at them from this practical pov, and I find now that I appreciate that the aesthetics have grown on me (not the first thing this has happened with). I am also perversely attracted to these for when I'm feeling a little Johnny Thunders....

upload_2021-8-10_14-40-29.png

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
@Edward You won't be disappointed with anything from Tricker's. I am a big fan of their history and the quality of their work. UK Bank holiday is coming up and they usually have a sale during that time.
Yes - Tricker's are one of my favourites - and they do have a sale on now - well worth the money and they are both smart and sturdy. Not as dressy as Lobb, Cleverley or Edward Green and I think they work better with leather jackets as a result, especially given their long history in making farming boots back in the 19th century. A very classic English style, but they also do more modern designs - I picked up a v nice pair of blue shell cordovan monkey boots recently, and they also do custom orders for not too much of an upcharge - they made a pair of two tone correspondents for me over ten years ago and they are still going strong. Their Stow boots are excellent, as well as their Chelsea boots, and they often have plain equivalents for their main brogue styles too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points