Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How long was your wait?
I cannot answer this question definitively because I am still waiting for my boots. I placed the order on 9/16 and Bakers Boots states on their website that the lead time for Whites is currently 4-5 months. I suppose that would place me a little more than halfway through my waiting period but I’m not in any hurry to receive them. Like many (most?) of us around here, I have almost as many boots as I do jackets to keep me company.

JCSD

Practically Family
Benzein Shinki Cognac Oiled Horsebutt

E92AC3F4-E483-496A-A5B7-79F8AB2A1B80.jpeg

Cornelius

Practically Family
I wonder if any of you know what these are? I think they're redwings but I haven't been able to track down which model. I need these or something similar. Any suggestions?

Those look like a Redwing model I bought about 11 years ago called "The Beckman". I don't believe they are made any longer, or at least they're not sold to the US market. Perhaps hunt around the Redwing heritage line sold in Europe for something similar?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
They appear to be Red Wings as Cornelius indicated. The lack of cap-toe indicates they are not Iron Rangers, but I also recall seeing something similar at the Red Wing Headquarters in Red Wing, MN. Might try calling them - the have a clearance section there and sometimes some obscure styles & sizes can be found. They seem to be part of the Heritage series. Nice boots, for sure and I like that dark reddish brown color.

Cornelius

Practically Family
I believe they also had the name "Gentleman Traveler"... it was a while back. Anyway, they were my Gateway Drug into better boots. After I wore that pair out [the heel/sole literally pulled off of the boot as I was in the midst of loading a truck], I ended up discovering custom White's Bounty Hunters when I couldn't find a replacement pair of those original Red Wings.

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the input guys they are redwings, but as you say, old ones that aren't available now.

So I'll have to look for something else, in this type of colour, and available in the UK. I can spend a few quid, but I think the bigger problem is going to be sourcing them. That colour - orangey copperish brown - seems quite rare

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Thanks for the input guys they are redwings, but as you say, old ones that aren't available now.

So I'll have to look for something else, in this type of colour, and available in the UK. I can spend a few quid, but I think the bigger problem is going to be sourcing them. That colour - orangey copperish brown - seems quite rare
Take a look to the William Lennon facebook or instagram page. Maybe you'll find a similar colour.

Edward

Bartender

I remember getting something close years ago on a pair of mid-tan boots that I regularly polished with brown polish (i.e. a couple of shades darker than the colour of the leather as new).

William Lennon are probably the best bet if you're looking for a UK supplier that can get you at least close to this. It's very close to the amber-tan shade of my Iron Rangers, if they were to take a shine (which they don't obviously because waxed). The Red Wing Beckmann / Gentleman Traveller is now no more. Closest they do these days is the Blacksmith:

R0F8461_1024x1024.jpg

Same last as the IR, but a few differences, most obviously the lack of a cap toe, which give them a very slightly dressier boot. I have seen examples of the Blacksmith polished to a shine which look really nice. The right nix of brown polishes and a little patience and this shade could come very close to what you are after.

crispyfresh

New in Town
How would chukka boots look with a G1 jacket? I'm debating between getting some chukkas or jumper boots to wear with a G1.

JCSD

Practically Family
Third pair of Benzein have landed and I am thrilled. My first two pairs came to me from my friend, @Jin431, so these were my first MTO from Adi. Ordering process was thorough and detailed as expected and you definitely get the sense that Adi wants to make sure fit is perfect and every detail is nailed down. Construction on these is fantastic as I’ve come to expect from the brand and the thickness of the Shinki Oiled Cognac Horsebutt was surprisingly thick and substantial. The shaft is higher than those of the many Chelsea’s that I own but the boots are very comfortable and I haven’t noticed the difference at all in the first couple days of wearing. If you’ve been on the fence as to whether to go MTO with any Indonesian boot maker or have wondered about Benzein I can unequivocally recommend many of the makers but especially Adi and his crew.

29E9118F-95BA-4CF8-BC6F-9EC455199118.jpeg
ABA7047F-DF64-44B3-B21D-CBB7C4869269.jpeg
D563874D-FE09-4E94-AA71-C4287D76A5B8.jpeg
A880F5D0-AF1A-4BA2-A3BF-25AB3B73FF74.jpeg
00B5C0E2-9D20-4E0F-86C6-CF31A7A4EEB2.jpeg
FBC54789-35C8-4923-8ACC-89707E934762.jpeg

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
How would chukka boots look with a G1 jacket? I'm debating between getting some chukkas or jumper boots to wear with a G1.
I’d advise against trying to make an “outfit.”
Good boots and good jackets stand on their own.
Otherwise, they’d go fine together. I think my g1 goes best with my roughout IR. M43s are cool too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points