Footwear to go with our jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

Out in the car today over at the Indian Ocean drive on the West Coast highway. Blustery pre-winter day.
    Boots are Loake desert boots. English made , perfect here in hotter weather.
    Jacket is my ex-Russia Blue label Aero highwayman ( Thanks Alex Lutov )
    Within 5 minutes of this photo the next rain squall came in from the Sou' West

Aero Highwayman blue label 1.jpg

2. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Not mine, (Too small) but if anyone would like a pair of Navy Blue CXL White's Semi-Dress boots, a pair is up for grabs on ebay. Size 10D - I have a jacket in this color, I think the boots look tremendous in this color.

https://www.ebay.com/i/143583026486?

Semi Dress.PNG

3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Wow! Amazing looking boots...hmm (stimulus check)...:rolleyes:

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  4. 4444Design

4444Design One of the Regulars

RedWing Spirit lake - only down on These boots is they are available in full sizes only - so if you are a 11.5 like me you Need to go with the 12 (tried the 11 but too small)

Other than that splendid boots

[​IMG]

5. AeroFan_07

^^ Wonder if those are an European only model for RW? I just looked at thier website and I do not see that model, at least on the US Heritage website for RW. Thay are sharp boots indeed.

Psant25 likes this.
  6. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

7. AeroFan_07

Sweet, very nice. Hope they get some black ones out there soon for the Motorcycle market.

8. Downunder G Man

El Marro and Dav like this.
  9. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

here are some updated shots of my White Klouds in Badalassi Minerva Cognac leather. Definitely my favorite boots. I have some more update shots of some of my other boots that I will post soon as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robbie79, AeroFan_07, Jarman and 7 others like this.
  10. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Is that your shoe closet?

11. dudewuttheheck

I bought a shelf from Ikea and I put all my boots on it. I use it as a place to store them and as a backdrop when I take pictures and shoot Youtube videos.

12. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

It’s great! I wish I had space to see my stuff, but we have a 30s house, and my wife and kids took all the closets.

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  13. dudewuttheheck

I don't have that much space! This is in my bedroom :D

handymike likes this.
  14. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

I do own two pairs of Meermin boots, one of which a MTO shinki shell cordovan.
    The overall quality is quite good, the attention to detail and finishing, however, are mediocre (well, they have to cut costs somewhere) and not something I'd expect on a 420e pair. My other pair is a french calf shearling lined and that was definitely worth the money.
    Now regarding the shell crodovan: this is the only pair of Shinki Shell I own, and I know it is not fair to compare it to my Alden's Horween ones, as they cost almost double. However I personally like the horween shell much more than the shinki one, it is sturdier, feels more substantial, ripples much less (and much more beautifully).
    I'd definitely buy Meermin's again - but not their Shell Cordovans. I'd rather save the money for an Alden or Crockett & Jones.
    IMG_0036.jpeg IMG_0038.jpeg IMG_0039.jpeg IMG_0040.jpeg

15. Downunder G Man

Australian made Blundstone "Dress boots" , ie suede with no steel caps. ( This is my last Australian made pair )
    I had a wee buying frenzy from ebay a few years back and bought several new and NOS Blundstone variants.
    These were $30 Australian at the time on clearance. So I bought 2 pairs of these , but gave one to a good mate.
    Backdrop photo is the Southern Indian Ocean at the West Coast Highway. Laden ships on the horizon.
    Blundstone dress boots.jpg
    Schott 637 coast 2.jpg

handymike, Jarman, El Marro and 2 others like this.
  16. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

46371ABC-14D5-4E8F-A60B-9260D2DD8E87.jpeg

17. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Damn, I love the look of Iron Rangers on everyone but me. Whenever I try them on, I look down and see clown feet. I wish I could get over it cuz everyone says how great they are, and everyone else looks cool wearing them.

Monitor and MrProper like this.
  18. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

Just stop looking down. Easy.

El Marro likes this.
  19. Captain Sensible

Captain Sensible A-List Customer

I just took my IRs out for their first walk. Pretty comfy from the get go, a little narrow but I’m used to that and it’ll open out I’m sure.
    I planned on taking a pic or two but was obviously too focused weaving in and out of people, dropping a shoulder etc. to keep distance