Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

roadking04

Practically Family
These are my 14-15 year old Wescos. They are great boots and my only boots. They have seen a lot of action and have never been babied or even cleaned.
20200425_170721.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Here is a twist for FL folks, I have a pair of these Iron Rangers that are 6 years old, they are nowhere close to worn out.
Here you will watch a pair get Cut in Half! I have not seen much from Rose Anvil before, but I watched this is full today and it was amazing how well these boots are made!

It does also confirm what I already knew, the single "negative" I have with them is the near total loack of arch support. I still have & love mine but just do not wear them a lot.

Picked up a pair of Frye's, finally. This'll be my 7th pair of Harness'. Or eight? Doesn't matter, not nearly enough. Wesco's will be next and then I don't even know what. I'll draw the line at 10. I'm more obsessed with these than with jackets.

IMG_5856_2000x.jpeg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Picked up a pair of Frye's, finally. This'll be my 7th pair of Harness'. Or eight? Doesn't matter, not nearly enough. Wesco's will be next and then I don't even know what. I'll draw the line at 10. I'm more obsessed with these than with jackets.

IMG_5856_2000x.jpeg
Nice. I have a pair of Frye harness too still unworn. My other pair of harness is from many years ago by Adam's boots. I can't find any Adam's on the market anymore.

Nice. I have a pair of Frye harness too still unworn. My other pair of harness is from many years ago by Adam's boots. I can't find any Adam's on the market anymore.

Post some pics. You wouldn't happen to be sz. 10-11-12? :D I'm always looking out for these. Anything that locally pops up, I grab. I loved those boots ever since Silent Hill 2 but never dared to wear them until recently.

Blackadder

Post some pics. You wouldn't happen to be sz. 10-11-12? :D I'm always looking out for these. Anything that locally pops up, I grab. I loved those boots ever since Silent Hill 2 but never dared to wear them until recently.
I saw your WTB but mine were 9.5. The model was belted harness like these.
612cbd6615cbdc8b46bd5b7c5bb01d2f--fall-boots-men-boots.jpg

Reactions: Dav

Psant25

One Too Many
Love my whites mp boots breaking in nicely! Glad i sized them the same as my iron rangers. The heels being just slightly off on wesco and whites always bugs the hell out of me. Even these mp boots with low block heel were a little off on one boot with more of a ledge in the back compared to the other.

I took these and my alden 403s (same issue) to my local cobbler to have them sanded down a bit to better match and make the heel more flush with the back stay.

They look real good, 1 day turn around, and 18.99 total cost was well worth it.

Have a pair from whites on order I will probably need to do the same thing. Went with following specs:

8 inch
Brown smooth
55 last
Single row stitch
Brass eyes n hooks
Vibram 430
Standard logger heel

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Black Wrangler "Rustler" jeans today. Their "budget" offerings I believe , "Hecho en Mexico".
Bought in a department store in South Central Los Angeles in 2011 while exploring LA.
I had been at Daytona Bikeweek March 2011 with some Aussie guys , some of them Vietnam Veterans.
We also took in the Harley factory and Museum in Milwaukee. Snow on the ground in Milwaukee.
One of the Aussie guys had never seen snow !
They were extremely well received wherever we went on our cross the USA jaunt.
The USA certainly respect their ex Servicemen.
Photo taken at the Southern Indian Ocean , a mild winter's day.
Boots are English made Loake desert boots.
Schott 637 coast 3.jpg

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

Well this is pretty interesting, I hope none of us has fallen for the "Common Projects" sneaker marketing hype. These USD$425 sneakers have been considered some of the best you can buy according to "the internet" and their own marketing...but its pretty clear this is not the case lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto