Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

zebedee

One Too Many
These William Lennon tug of war boots with the hobnails left off and some Topy soles glued on by a cobbler. Put some old DM insoles in them and they are as comfortable as I can reasonably expect them to be. I think that they are outstanding value for the price, too. 20200413_190447_HDR_resized.jpg 20200413_190435_HDR_resized.jpg

JC225

One of the Regulars
IMG_1014.jpg

I tend to run with a good pair of "Doc Martins" and if I'm feeling really brave I break out the "Alden Indy" boots. I have owned a couple of pairs over the years and there is nothing like them, look good with just about anything.

Last edited:

Psant25

One Too Many
Those are great- the construction of these kinds of solid boots amazes me. The Wm Lennons go everywhere with me - they're very heavy but you get used to the weight. As long as I get the Topy soles replaced whenever required, I can't see myself needing another pair for many years.
Yeah looks real versatile. If I did not have some whites mp boots cinn waxed shipped and franks ground pounders on order I might see if I could get a pair of boots like yours.

zebedee

One Too Many
Yeah looks real versatile. If I did not have some whites mp boots cinn waxed shipped and franks ground pounders on order I might see if I could get a pair of boots like yours.

A pair of DM Chelsea boots would definitely be more comfortable, but I can't fault the Wm Lennons for durability.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Wow, the Dundas Type 01 comes in all the colors to match your Aero jackets!

Actually, the Dundas are great. VERY similar in construction to the William Lennons but infinitely nicer leather and better attention to detail (contrast stitching etc). I understand, William Lennon lets you go custom on the leather, but with Dundas it’s already there.

Big drawback is of course the price. I am not saying it’s not worth it, but with Norway not being part of the EU, there is always the custom uncharge. Not an issue with William Lennon so far(lets see how Brexit affects this).

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I forgot to post these Flame Panda boots. He only sells on Instagram now, but he's a bootmaker from China who imports basically all of his materials and hand welts all his boots and on this pair (and I think all his boots) does hand sewing on the outsoles as well. His moc toes and monkey boots are my favorite so I got his monkey boots and I like them a lot. He does a triple sole on the front which tapers down to a single leather midsole with a full rubber sole in the middle before the heel stack. Quality is overall really good. The midsole/outsole stitching is very dense and quite clean for being done by hand, but not as clean as White Kloud by any means. Upper stitching is also overall really good and quite dense, but not as neat or consistent as Clinch. Either way, the boots are worth a lot more than the price in my opinion (which is around $670 for this leather.) That leather is Maryam natural horserump which does include the shell part. It is quite different from the leather on my Onderhouds which is also Maryam horse leather, but this version has a lot more shell in it.

S4Gl5RK.jpg

J196za3.jpg

KFDgsBQ.jpg

aOXs24N.jpg

nHyJI3b.jpg

Zvee2zi.jpg

fAWIk3b.jpg

4A1VaIg.jpg

ClRbXVn.jpg

PSdeFmw.jpg

fbPFUEO.jpg

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Nice ! BUT I often picked up US handmade Lucchese Classics in Exotic leathers , delivered to Perth Western Australia for less than that.(nearly always way less !). Chit I have MULTIPLE pairs now , every pair I have purchased in 30+ years I still have.

When I take them into (older) Perth cobblers for re-heeling/ re-soleing etc they always rave about "the quality"
NOT the guys in the shopping mall booths , I have to travel across the city to get the old "old school" guys..

Still , each to their own. Them lace-ups sure is fancy !

Colin G

One Too Many
I forgot to post these Flame Panda boots. He only sells on Instagram now, but he's a bootmaker from China who imports basically all of his materials and hand welts all his boots and on this pair (and I think all his boots) does hand sewing on the outsoles as well. His moc toes and monkey boots are my favorite so I got his monkey boots and I like them a lot. He does a triple sole on the front which tapers down to a single leather midsole with a full rubber sole in the middle before the heel stack. Quality is overall really good. The midsole/outsole stitching is very dense and quite clean for being done by hand, but not as clean as White Kloud by any means. Upper stitching is also overall really good and quite dense, but not as neat or consistent as Clinch. Either way, the boots are worth a lot more than the price in my opinion (which is around $670 for this leather.) That leather is Maryam natural horserump which does include the shell part. It is quite different from the leather on my Onderhouds which is also Maryam horse leather, but this version has a lot more shell in it.

S4Gl5RK.jpg

J196za3.jpg

KFDgsBQ.jpg

aOXs24N.jpg

nHyJI3b.jpg

Zvee2zi.jpg

fAWIk3b.jpg

4A1VaIg.jpg

ClRbXVn.jpg

PSdeFmw.jpg

fbPFUEO.jpg

Cool boots Dude and I'd happily stomp around in those. What sole is on there? I can kind of see a bit of yellow so I assume a Vibram 700?

I'll check out their instapin site asap.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Cool boots Dude and I'd happily stomp around in those. What sole is on there? I can kind of see a bit of yellow so I assume a Vibram 700?

I'll check out their instapin site asap.

Yes it's a Vibram 700, but he will be switching to Dr. Sole soon.

These William Lennon tug of war boots with the hobnails left off and some Topy soles glued on by a cobbler. Put some old DM insoles in them and they are as comfortable as I can reasonably expect them to be. I think that they are outstanding value for the price, too. View attachment 227317 View attachment 227318

These are just sooo cool! Man, that classic stuff is the nicest. Perfecto, these boots... You're done.

zebedee

One Too Many
They are (and this might be the usual for these kinds of boots) heavy. You would not want to have to move quickly in these unless it was over less than fifty metres and you were used to wearing them. They need insoles unless masochism is your thing, but they're great after a bit.

I got them instead of Red Wings or Chippewa as they cost less and I'd read good things about them. They add serious weight to luggage...

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Scott steerhide collared 441PP today for the start of our autumn. Max temp 21C today ( last Saturday was 37C !)
At our usual pull up coffee stop. Just had a rather heavy ( and not forecast until the afternoon !) shower.
Oily glassy sea , apparently the worst time for shark attack so as usual we stayed out of the water haha..
The Schott 441PP has a zip out fleece liner , zipped sleeves and three outside zippered pockets. Rare size 44"
Made in the early 90's for the Japanese market as far as I can make out. Ex-ebay UK to me a few years back.
I wear this as a "winter" jacket hence this being it's first Fedora lounge appearance.
Boots today are Lucchese Classic Ropers, US made , in "Smooth calf".
Jeans are Australian made Levi 604 zip fly. (As mentioned before , no longer made sadly !)
Lucchese classic Ropers 1.jpg

Schott 441PP at Scarboro.jpg

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Out in the car today over at the Indian Ocean drive on the West Coast highway. Blustery pre-winter day.
Boots are Loake desert boots. English made , perfect here in hotter weather.
Jacket is my ex-Russia Blue label Aero highwayman ( Thanks Alex Lutov )
Within 5 minutes of this photo the next rain squall came in from the Sou' West

Aero Highwayman blue label 1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider