Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Mrfrown

One Too Many
White’s Semi Dress w Traveler heel in Brown Dress leather. I’ve had them about a year and a half, they get very regular use.

CC8D025C-4CC6-4C48-B029-AB7BC6D817B8.jpeg
86C8ED9C-64F9-4521-AA9F-072181CD7278.jpeg

@dannyk here’s a shot of the first pair of Mocs from your Uncle:
View attachment 264793
Without a doubt the nicest house slippers I have ever owned, although that name doesn’t do them justice. @Monitor you should definitely buy yourself a pair (or two).

I would for sure, would get rid of sneaker need altogether but the importing, the shipping, etc. just ruin every deal lately. It's all gone so high up... I can't even get those leather pants from another member how high the shipping is, and I love 'em. It's instant 50% of the price up.

dannyk

One Too Many
I would for sure, would get rid of sneaker need altogether but the importing, the shipping, etc. just ruin every deal lately. It's all gone so high up... I can't even get those leather pants from another member how high the shipping is, and I love 'em. It's instant 50% of the price up.
Yeah didn’t think about that for you. Maybe if the world ever returns to any sort of normalcy it will work out. Or if there’s some way I could proxy for cheaper we could investigate that route. I really think the members here would love them though. Super thick and beefy vegetable tanned Buffalo, elk and deer though of course elk and deer are not quite as thick as the Buffalo. I wear them around the house and outside. Since I own 4 pairs I don’t really keep up on cleaning them or conditioning/waterproofing them. Except my original chocolate elk pair. They’ve gotten sno-seal and recently Huberds shoe grease with the blow-dryer method. The stitching is spot on and beefy as hell. If he has actual sinew available he uses that, if not he uses a synthetic sinew. Every step but one is done by hand. If you opt for the rubber cement and tire tread bottoms he uses an electric sander to buff and scratch the bottom leather so the tire and cement bond better. I’ve watched him do it before. He’s old school a beer in hand and a hand rolled cig hanging out his mouth haha.

Goel

A-List Customer
I am considering a boot through Flame Panda, I found some nice nordic elk leather he's willing to use.

I normally drop a 1/2 size in Wesco so you should be ok however I have no idea what last the Boondocker is on. I only went up in width for the MP last which is on the narrow side and the Job master last fit as a regular width.
It's on the MP95 last, same as the Foot Patrol. I would do the custom route but when I sent in my measurements, I was getting sizing all over the place so I think you need to get measured in person for that. Since it's waxed flesh (basically chromexcel inside out) I figure I can stretch it a little bit if needed.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Is the Traveller heel lower than the standard heel? Those look fantastic!

Yeah the traveler heel is more like a normal dress shoe heel. I also have a pair of black Semi Dress with the Cuban / Woodcutter heel.

I think the Cuban is more comfortable and makes an easier gait for me, but it strikes me as very much a personal preference kind of thing.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
I am considering a boot through Flame Panda, I found some nice nordic elk leather he's willing to use.

It's on the MP95 last, same as the Foot Patrol. I would do the custom route but when I sent in my measurements, I was getting sizing all over the place so I think you need to get measured in person for that. Since it's waxed flesh (basically chromexcel inside out) I figure I can stretch it a little bit if needed.

I started an order with Peng this week on a pair of engineer boots. I’m still finalizing details but he mentioned delivery would be 130 days.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
even if it might be a break in style with leather jackets, I love these shoes. I have five pairs of them in different colors and they are the most comfortable and versatile shoes I have ever had. I wear them to everything.
5E50F2DC-3C67-4CF2-B453-A37C2EA5F074.jpeg

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, Sir, could confirm that. I got a pair of the below for summer and am very satisfied.

91GHiKmEFlL._AC_UX500_.jpg

PS: Supernovas from adidas are very good too imho.

Last edited:

Psant25

One Too Many
Been wearing these honcho ropers almost daily. Solid comfy boot. Heavy grain on the black shoulder cow. really matches my heavily grained aero HWYman

scored another pair of honcho boots off ebay delivered today. All black buffalo. All leather lined. El paso custom made. Retail like 350 which I think is a deal for what you get compared to more popular less well constructed cowboy boots like lucchese non classic line and also compared to higher priced boots i wear like wesco and whites. And I scored the buffalo boots for 60 bucks. Pics to come later

honcho Ropers. Looks like mini feet But I wear 10D

EF8D6C71-68F4-4C07-995E-CC1A7FF4C37D.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points