Footwear to go with our jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Monitor

Monitor

These are excellent and I need a pair!!!

dannyk likes this.
  2. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

White’s Semi Dress w Traveler heel in Brown Dress leather. I’ve had them about a year and a half, they get very regular use.

CC8D025C-4CC6-4C48-B029-AB7BC6D817B8.jpeg 86C8ED9C-64F9-4521-AA9F-072181CD7278.jpeg

3. Turnip

Turnip Practically Family

Rainy and cold outside, Dainite Jarrow Marchers.

[​IMG]

4. dannyk

dannyk Practically Family

Today’s boot of comfort choice is my black Buffalo with golden deer lining. All mine have some sort of sheepskin and leather bottom liner. You could go double leather for added comfort, but I enjoy the little bit of warmth the sheep adds FFC3F95D-0A3C-4E0F-9CC3-CD953BAE58F4.jpeg

5. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

@dannyk here’s a shot of the first pair of Mocs from your Uncle:
    0378D8C1-2BBD-4D89-A663-AFEFF3760D77.jpeg
    Without a doubt the nicest house slippers I have ever owned, although that name doesn’t do them justice. @Monitor you should definitely buy yourself a pair (or two).

6. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Is the Traveller heel lower than the standard heel? Those look fantastic!

Mrfrown likes this.
  7. Monitor

Monitor

I would for sure, would get rid of sneaker need altogether but the importing, the shipping, etc. just ruin every deal lately. It's all gone so high up... I can't even get those leather pants from another member how high the shipping is, and I love 'em. It's instant 50% of the price up.

8. dannyk

dannyk Practically Family

Yeah didn’t think about that for you. Maybe if the world ever returns to any sort of normalcy it will work out. Or if there’s some way I could proxy for cheaper we could investigate that route. I really think the members here would love them though. Super thick and beefy vegetable tanned Buffalo, elk and deer though of course elk and deer are not quite as thick as the Buffalo. I wear them around the house and outside. Since I own 4 pairs I don’t really keep up on cleaning them or conditioning/waterproofing them. Except my original chocolate elk pair. They’ve gotten sno-seal and recently Huberds shoe grease with the blow-dryer method. The stitching is spot on and beefy as hell. If he has actual sinew available he uses that, if not he uses a synthetic sinew. Every step but one is done by hand. If you opt for the rubber cement and tire tread bottoms he uses an electric sander to buff and scratch the bottom leather so the tire and cement bond better. I’ve watched him do it before. He’s old school a beer in hand and a hand rolled cig hanging out his mouth haha.

Monitor and El Marro like this.
  9. Goel

Goel Familiar Face

I am considering a boot through Flame Panda, I found some nice nordic elk leather he's willing to use.

It's on the MP95 last, same as the Foot Patrol. I would do the custom route but when I sent in my measurements, I was getting sizing all over the place so I think you need to get measured in person for that. Since it's waxed flesh (basically chromexcel inside out) I figure I can stretch it a little bit if needed.

Ayeteael and dannyk like this.
  10. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Yeah the traveler heel is more like a normal dress shoe heel. I also have a pair of black Semi Dress with the Cuban / Woodcutter heel.

I think the Cuban is more comfortable and makes an easier gait for me, but it strikes me as very much a personal preference kind of thing.

11. Ayeteael

Ayeteael Familiar Face

I started an order with Peng this week on a pair of engineer boots. I’m still finalizing details but he mentioned delivery would be 130 days.

Mrfrown, Jin431 and Fonzie like this.
  12. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Side by side comparison:

DACBCC4A-FC1E-465D-B412-67CA90B7A938.jpeg

13. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Both are super nice, but the Cubano...wow!

Mrfrown likes this.
  14. MrProper

MrProper A-List Customer

after it gets cooler again ... uncomfortable compared to flip flops and sneakers. ;)
    9A2CFCC4-3C5C-4D3E-AEC3-0F5D5ED270A7.jpeg

Whitters, El Marro, Turnip and 6 others like this.
  15. Oversidor

Oversidor New in Town

A pair of sneakers or an ankle level boots would beautifully match a jacket, earth color.

16. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man Practically Family

Another "Lucchese" day. Classic Ropers , So comfortable. Good "walking" boot as I am walking to a 58th birthday celebration this arvo ( afternoon !). One of my biker crew. Most likely a "beery" do ! Still , gotta be done !

Lucchese Classic Ropers 3.jpg

17. MrProper

MrProper A-List Customer

even if it might be a break in style with leather jackets, I love these shoes. I have five pairs of them in different colors and they are the most comfortable and versatile shoes I have ever had. I wear them to everything.
    5E50F2DC-3C67-4CF2-B453-A37C2EA5F074.jpeg

Turnip and Boyo like this.
  18. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I’ve heard great things about Solomons from people who stand all day! I’m on my feet sometimes 12-14hrs, so I’ve been considering them.

Turnip and MrProper like this.
  19. Turnip

Turnip Practically Family

Yes, Sir, could confirm that. I got a pair of the below for summer and am very satisfied.

[​IMG]

PS: Supernovas from adidas are very good too imho.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    AeroFan_07 likes this.
  20. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man Practically Family

Another Lucchese day today. Black Nile Crocodile Western Classics. 'Maybe' my favourite pair !
    Boots are NOT the centre of the shot , photo taken by a riding mate on today's Harley ride north of Perth WA.
    These are for sure the toughest Lucchese boots I own.

Vanson Ike at Yanchep lagoon.jpg