Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale - 1920's Thomae Sterling Silver Top Guilloche Enameled Mesh Vanity Purse

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
On Ebay......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281489450600?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

For Sale is a beautiful parachute style 1920’s mesh purse that was manufactured by the Charles Thomae company of Attleboro Massachusetts. Unlike many manufactures of the 1920’s, the Charles Thomae company is still in business! They are still making high quality Sterling Silver products. This purse has one of the most beautiful tops I have ever seen. The entire top is sterling with enamel guilloche flowers. It is currently missing the small blue faux jewel in the clasp, but this can be replaced very easily. When you open the top, there is a swing out 2-sided mirror. Beneath this and covering the opening of the purse is a powder pan. (With some original power!) Under the powder pan is the purse. Inside the mesh purse is the original fabric lining which is often missing in most of these 1920’s mesh purses. The lining needs to be re-stitched in some areas in order to be re-secured into the purse. Literally all you need is a needle and thread and it can be fixed in 2 minutes. It is a unique design and a classic one. The piece is signed with the Charles Thomae Company hallmark beneath the powder tray. It is also marked “Sterling” and “3416.” The purse itself is enameled baby mesh which is worn evenly to a soft color. There are a few VERY minor areas where the mesh needs to be repaired, but overall I would say the mesh is about 95% perfectly intact. The pictures really do show its true condition though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran